• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 How to use the vtec

Hi owned my cw type r for a week now and cant understand the vtec i hit the vtec and the red dot lights up is this when i change gear or do i keep going??, on my mates his red dot comes on then his rev bar increases then he changes but today i hit the vtec red dot came on so i kept going waiting for the rev bar to increase but at 90mph it didnt am i still changing to early and not letting the rev counter hit enough rpm, mind you it still sounded awesome.

Keep going with the revs.

Mine's got an induction kit, race manifold and different cat-back on in this vid, but gives you an idea.

[video=youtube;sGCTYJ9RQVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGCTYJ9RQVM[/video]

Hi owned my cw type r for a week now and cant understand the vtec i hit the vtec and the red dot lights up is this when i change gear or do i keep going??, on my mates his red dot comes on then his rev bar increases then he changes but today i hit the vtec red dot came on so i kept going waiting for the rev bar to increase but at 90mph it didnt am i still changing to early and not letting the rev counter hit enough rpm, mind you it still sounded awesome.

I have this problem actually..where the V-Tec dot lights up when the V-Tec kicks in and you then expect the five rev indiactor dots to light up as the revs climb but for some reason they dont. You are supposed to be able to change the V-Tec indicator settings through your settings/functions panel but i've never been able to do this, i simply get to switch the indicator dot on (expecting the rev-range lights to then work) or off......the rev-range lights dont appear. And i've invoked the limiter on a couple of occasions. If if anyone knows how to switch this on i would be interested too.

I have this problem actually..where the V-Tec dot lights up when the V-Tec kicks in and you then expect the five rev indiactor dots to light up as the revs climb but for some reason they dont. You are supposed to be able to change the V-Tec indicator settings through your settings/functions panel but i've never been able to do this, i simply get to switch the indicator dot on (expecting the rev-range lights to then work) or off......the rev-range lights dont appear. And i've invoked the limiter on a couple of occasions. If if anyone knows how to switch this on i would be interested too.

Read the manual, tells you how to do it.

Press and hold the I button with the handbrake on.

Go through the menus, pretty sure it is preferences or options sub menu. The VTEC dot is VTEC Indicator, pretty sure the rev lights are Rev Indicator.

Your thread title offends me. :lol: I assume your problem is with understanding the meter and not VTEC. Otherwise, rev the car until either the power starts to tail off, or just before the limiter cuts in for best acceleration, but being a VTEC, those two points generally happen together. ;)

Press and hold the I button with the handbrake on.

Go through the menus, pretty sure it is preferences or options sub menu. The VTEC dot is VTEC Indicator, pretty sure the rev lights are Rev Indicator.

Cheers Loxy, will give that a go tonight.

change gear when you look like this...

ceclarkson.jpg

And this is an indication of how cheap FN2's have become recently. Anyone can buy them.

Back