• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How well does launch control work..

with the k pro ecu?

Im tempted by the sumo power one on the other site although for a little more dosh I could get my mates k pro. The plug and play aspect is appealing and the vtec point has been lowered, whilst the rev limit increased so it seems only to be missing launch control.

What to do?

Launch control on KPRO is great 8)

Mines set to 3500 atm, which is just right for getting a small amount of spin on a bone dry grippy road. Not much use for wet roads, but then why would you be hard launching in the wet anyway?

For all the extra goodies that KPRO provides, I'd go for it rather than the Sumo launch control.

VTEC @ 4500 = :twisted:

^^ Is that how low most of the k pro users are set for :shock:

Does that not create a lot more wear and tear on the car? Is it clever enough to know when your gunning it and when cruising so your not constantly on vtec for say motorway driving? Excuse the silly questions.

I guess the £375 tag for the sumo is a bit high and I reckon Ill get my mates for £350 - £400 so maybe I should wait for that - bad thing is its not mapped for my only mod of custom exhaust and with her indoors demanding a holiday which we have now booked a remap wouldnt be possible till after August :(

You could just use the cold-air map.

Launch control only works under about 3-5mph so it doesn't affect any driving.

There's no point in setting it much higher than 3500 because you can still light the tyres up in 2nd or once you're past 3-5mph as you get the full 8600 then.

It's not supposed to be a fool proof way of getting the perfect start... it just helps. You still need clever feet.

i got offered it at 5k revs but i just imagined it would be a faff and if you cant use your feet you cant drive

i might be wrong iv never used it before either but i dont want

TerryCTR said:

Does that not create a lot more wear and tear on the car? Is it clever enough to know when your gunning it and when cruising so your not constantly on vtec for say motorway driving? Excuse the silly questions.

I guess the £375 tag for the sumo is a bit high and I reckon Ill get my mates for £350 - £400 so maybe I should wait for that - bad thing is its not mapped for my only mod of custom exhaust and with her indoors demanding a holiday which we have now booked a remap wouldnt be possible till after August :(

You can set / have your car tuned to a much lower vtec point when you've got an after market manifold in place.

Launch control works when your doing less than 3mph, you can floor the throttle and the revs will stick to what ever you've set the launch control for, then you just side step the cluch and away you go :)

- Kevin.

^^ Yeah I thought as much mate.

Does the cold air map come with the software then, his came with the car and he didnt know he had it at first so there is no software or usb cable.

If I download the software from the site will I be able to run this map until I have my toda manifold and gruppe m fitted - then I can get it mapped?

Also will the cold air map, still keep his settings just now, ie higher rev limit and I take it launch control will be switched on?

Cheers for the info

Terry

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can change your rev-limiter and VTEC point unless you're mapping it at the time or really know what you're doing. I'd imagine it'd keep itself set at whatever your mate has it set to.

A lot of pre-made maps comes with the software, just download it. Also, any bog standard USB printer cable or whatever works fine.

^^ Cheers mate,

I justy read in the sticky that to put an 02/04 chip (whichI assume his is as its a pre face lift ) in an 05 plate (which mines is) requires a wiring adapter harness and an 02/04 oxygen sensor. Does anyone know anything about this I was hoping it was a straight swap :?

TerryCTR said:
^^ Cheers mate,

I justy read in the sticky that to put an 02/04 chip (whichI assume his is as its a pre face lift ) in an 05 plate (which mines is) requires a wiring adapter harness and an 02/04 oxygen sensor. Does anyone know anything about this I was hoping it was a straight swap :?

Where did you hear that??? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kpro is Kpro.
When you have it if you have a laptop and a USB cable you can load any map you want, change settings including vtec point, rev limit, launch control as well as many other things.
best left to the experts though or people that have fully read and understood how it all works.

Check out the Hondata website and all your questions will be answered. :wink:

Oh....and the launch control is a great feature and 1 less thing to worry about if your drag racing. Its electronic control so doesnt harm anything. 8)

^^ From the sticky near the top of the page the Hondata one, im sure I read that unless im being thick :oops:

I dont think the sumo chip is going to be tuneable by just anyone so I dont think its a goer, that then leaves the k pro when my mate sells up - not a bad thing is it :D

TerryCTR said:
^^ From the sticky near the top of the page the Hondata one, im sure I read that unless im being thick :oops:

Thats for the RSX mate, not the UK CTR, the RSX recieved an ECU change hence you need to mess about with conversion harnesses etc.. but on the CTR it doesn't matter :)

^^ :oops: cheers for clearing that up, this reading in a minimised window so no one sees at work is not the best.

My mate wants £500 plus my ecu for his, do you think thats fair? He didnt even know he had one until I found out off the previous owner so I think he should be giving me a discount :twisted:

TerryCTR said:
^^ :oops: cheers for clearing that up, this reading in a minimised window so no one sees at work is not the best.

My mate wants £500 plus my ecu for his, do you think thats fair? He didnt even know he had one until I found out off the previous owner so I think he should be giving me a discount :twisted:

Tell him you saw one go for £350 on the owners site and see what he says. Offer to pay for his key cding as well.
Never know your luck. :lol:

BTW £600 is the normal going rate.

TerryCTR said:

Are you referring to the VTEC point? There are two VTEC points on a KPRO map. One is full throttle VTEC, which is normally set around the 4500 mark, and the other is part throttle VTEC which is normally set around the 5800 mark. That way, you can cruise above 4500 rpm and not be in VTEC :D

Ultim8_Evil said:
There's no point in setting it much higher than 3500 because you can still light the tyres up in 2nd or once you're past 3-5mph as you get the full 8600 then.

I find having the limiter set at 3000rpm, and not allowing VTEC until at least 11mph works pretty well, it enables you to get rolling a little more before VTEC cuts in and you're spinning the fronts up.

MilanoChris said:
TerryCTR said:

Are you referring to the VTEC point? There are two VTEC points on a KPRO map. One is full throttle VTEC, which is normally set around the 4500 mark, and the other is part throttle VTEC which is normally set around the 5800 mark. That way, you can cruise above 4500 rpm and not be in VTEC :D

Yeah mate, I did some more reading and realised that myself - very clever and exactly what I wanted to hear :D

Back