• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hubcentric Spacers

NYA

Before we get going, i know i don't have a Honda, and this might be a stupid question due to that. I am looking for advice on Hubcentric Spacers, basically has anyone ever used them, is there anything i should look out for with them eg. are they safe, do they cause any issues with the running of the car etc. I am looking at 12.5mm ones from Eibach, just to bring the wheels from under the arches. I'm not too keen on asking on the STOC site as they would tell me to go for it without telling me the Pro's and Con's. So anyhelp is appreciated boys, cheers, Darren;)

Does the Fiesta use wheel bolts or studs? You will probably find find that you need extended bolts/studs to run spacers that big. But other than that, hubcentric spacers are as safe as, bro' :smt023

hubcentric spacers are fine especially in that size, the kits usually come with longer studs to fit to the car, hubs will probably need removing to swap these. as long as you buy quality eg the eibach's then all will be safe and even tuv approved iirc

only time i would worry about spacers is in the monster sizes but cant say i've known anyone to use them

Replacement longer studs, or bolt ons are the best.

Longer studs are probably the safest - I'm sure the bolt ons will be fine, but you effectively have to worry about double the nuts with bolt ons.

The only issue with longer replacement studs is that they are fitted properly. You might get them in as deep as they'll go, but they might not be in the full way. As long as they're in the full way... you've got no probs.

I don't know if you'll be looking to change your wheels down the line, but the only reason I didn't go for replacement studs is that I tend to change wheels often, and not all of them will require a spacer so removing the extended bolts everytime I want to change to a different wheel is not something I was willing to do. :)

Cheers lads. The Eibach ones bolt onto the existing hub and have their own bolts to put the wheels onto. There are a few people i have seen running them on STOC, but i prefer the knowledge on here as people will tell you if they are sh@t, rather than just saying "Get them dude they will look great". :lol:;)

Bolt ons are fine, just be mindful of the fact that you'll be torquing double the sets of nuts, and that your wheels are bolted to the spacer and not the car, so it's vital the spacer is bolted on correctly.

Otherwise it's all good man. Spacers are awesome for filling out arches.

12.5mm bolt ons? thats unusal thought the bolt ons were more for the thicker spacers, i ran 20mm eibachs on my ctr they had longer studs the only ones i say that were bolt on were silly thick.

tbh i prefer the bolt ons unless it is a permanent change if you do swap them often the holes in the hubs will open up and the splines will struggle to grip and at some point will spin meaning wheels will be stuck on :0

12.5mm bolt ons? thats unusal thought the bolt ons were more for the thicker spacers, i ran 20mm eibachs on my ctr they had longer studs the only ones i say that were bolt on were silly thick.

tbh i prefer the bolt ons unless it is a permanent change if you do swap them often the holes in the hubs will open up and the splines will struggle to grip and at some point will spin meaning wheels will be stuck on :0

Yeah - all of the above, is why I wouldn't go longer studs.. specially if one changes wheels regularly - it's not about changing studs all the time.

Cheers for all the info lads really helpfull. I'm sticking with the OEM rims but just wanted them spaced out a little to improve the look and handling of the car. All the above info has been taken onboard, cheers again, Darren ;)

Back