• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

So the only catch is this.... this was his response regarding history. He's owned it since it was 4 months old.

Full history but there is a small catch which can be frustrating. I lost I few things when moving around. So when I decided to sell I got a new service book which only has last service on because the garages will only stamp what they did. The other issue is the wheel nut. I lost it so you will have to get one from a Honda garage. Lastly it's due for its 75k service. I plan to discount the asking and reduce it by £250 because of these 3 reasons

He doesn't want to sell but costs too much to import and switch the seats over apparently.

Personally I'd avoid it like a fat bird in a kebab shop at 3am unless it's half the price of others on sale or you know the seller personally and/or a garage where the work has been done.

So the vibes I am getting are that even though that MOT history is perfect, the lack of service history is MAJOR? He has ONE service history which was the last one he had done, I am going to pay for a full Honda service once I buy anyway so surely that will ensure good oil etc is put through it? He's agreed to 3500 if I decide to take it. It's such a shame I'm not knowledgable in cars because this seems like a good example but you are all so experienced and you're now making me doubt it :( my dad is coming with me and has driven Vtec hondas before but not the Ep3. Im so confused as to what to do, I am going to view tommorow regardless. I just want one so bad I'm so envious of you all with your perfect working ones :(

I would take the advice of the owners on here, especially the likes of Chris who has had more type-r's than you have had years in your adult life :)

The one you are going to view could turn out to be great but it might not, its a risk at the end of the day, one which could backfire.

I wouldn't worry about mileage so much but good service history is all you have to see how well the car has been cared for in previous years

I wouldn't worry about mileage so much but good service history is all you have to see how well the car has been cared for in previous years

Quite, buy on condition and not mileage. If the OP plans to keep the car a while then it's worth getting someone like TGM to take a look before he parts with his money.

+1 for milage not an issue... If was in the market for an EP3 I wouldn't think twice about buying my old one back with over 130k on the clock because I know it's got 100k of my over-the-top servicing during it's life.

Problem is the pistonheads one has been modified...... I am meeting with someone from this forum tommorow who owns a Ep3 Vtec he's gonna show my dad what to look for and how to check the Vtec is good etc when we test drive it tommorow so fingers crossed. I know a few things tocheck for. The drive is over an hour so it would be long for me to drive it to TGM. He has already said he will take 3500 so I'm really really hoping it turns out good. If not will have to check the pistonheads one and check my insurance with the modifications it has.

Buying pre-modified will save you some money in the long run. You'll only end up doing it yourself at significant cost. Don't be put off by mods (as long as they're not pointless poser mods).

He has just sent me this.
Regarding the non Piston head honda.
do you all think it seems legit.
1:47 PM (14 minutes ago)

to me
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 6 April 2017 at 09:57:20 GMT
To:
Subject: CAS-442369:Honda Service History CRM:0203002984

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

Please find the service history records for your car with reg. number BP54DPN below:

07/02/2014 DUT510 - Lookers Honda MOT 62365
07/02/2014 DUT510 - Lookers Honda Routine Service 62365
18/01/2011 JOH381 - Johnsons Honda MOT 55213
18/01/2011 JOH381 - Johnsons Honda Routine Service 55213
05/02/2010 JOH381 - Johnsons Honda MOT 51942
05/02/2010 JOH381 - Johnsons Honda Routine Service 51942
02/02/2009 JOH381 - Johnsons Honda MOT 41952
19/04/2008 JOH381 - Johnsons Honda Routine Service 34496
11/02/2008 JOH381 - Johnsons Honda MOT 32164
07/04/2007 JOH381 - Johnsons Honda Routine Service 24750
27/02/2006 AVO024 - Lister Honda Routine Service 18509

Lookers Honda Orpington Tel 020 8303 6363
Johnsons Honda Milton Keynes Tel 01908 280999
Lister Honda Northampton Tel 01604 413411

Thank you for contacting Honda. If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Stanislava Stoyanova

Honda Customer Service

Honda Motor Europe Ltd.

Honda UK

Call 0845 200 8000

www.honda.co.uk

If you have any further questions or feedback please complete our feedback form @ www.honda.co.uk or call our Honda (UK) Contact Centre on 0845 200 8000. Option 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has at least filled SOME of the void.and he has one paper copy of a service from this year or last he can't remember. Should I feel more relieved now?

Seem legit.

His paper invoice should be dated.

Go have a look, the proof is in the pudding.

Ring honda and get them to confirm the services, if you know the garage the service was done at. They were really helpful when I was hunting my type r.

I got in touch with my local Honda garage to price up the missing wheel nut and the two missing type R badges (they're essential to me) and the rep said that the car had good service history, asked for the reg and checked says it was good history. I'm excited to say the least, my mum will kick off if I start modding anytime soon hahaha.

Back