• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

Cheers mate. I'm willing to pay for the best, obviously I don't need track tyres though, only drive local roads but cheers this page is going to be a great reference for me.

With regards the oil, I check mine once a month. I always keep it on the max mark on the dip stick. Most months the level hasn't changed then every now and again it will have dropped by 1/3 or 1/2 for no reason as far as I can tell. The rule of thumb I use is the difference between the min and max on the dip stick is 1 litre of oil.

I find that mine hardly uses any oil, but like Hazz says I think they can vary. Anyway I check it every couple of weeks to be sure.

With regards to tyres I have the OEM size and am happy with those. Just recently got rid of some cheap tyres and put Goodyear Eagle F1's all round and its made a world of difference.

Ep3steve, she's missing one side Type at sticker, front and rear Type r badges, all on order for beginning of next week. Also driving to Honda tommorow to pickup a touchup kit to do some work on a couple scratches, also ordered some alloy caps as these aren't showing the red on the H particularly well. After I've done all of this I'll upload :) mechanically sound though and only 74k so hopefully gonna have it for yeaaaaaars. Already tempted by intakes and exhausts but I should let that go for a while....... thanks Ep3matt I'll make sure to check as often as you've stated, after the full service yesterday a 3/4 week check seems sensible. Nighthawk black by the way.

Also taken a bit of a gamble with this, can't figure out why it's listed so cheap considering the research I've done everywhere shows RRP of £60+ not sure why it's so cheap but for 17 I'm willing to risk it! The original Honda one on mine is quite scratched and feels a bit rough in the hand.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/192173646502?_mwBanner=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah get used to using the dipstick regular to check oil levels. The oil light is absolute emergency - if ever you see it then switch off the engine and stick her in neutral RAPID. Just roll till you find a safe place to stop and investigate.

Regards tyres ive enjoyed falkens, Avon ZZ3 and more recently Eagle F1s all in standard sizes.

I've just read this from start to finish, glad you managed to find a good base car to start with. As all have said on here, always check your oil weekly, I do, mine hardly burns oil but it has become second nature now to check on a weekly basis. Buy a decent make of 5w/40 to keep for topping up over time if required

As Haz said, get some AD08Rs, I've recently upgraded to these and they are absolutely fantastic, especially coupled up with my LSD.

If your budget allows you, try and get a decent fast road setup up carried out on the car, along with a rear JDM ARB, night a day difference. Again, if your budget allows get a good intake (Tegiwa M) and a decent cat back, this will also transform the car and make it breath a lot better.

Once last thing, prepared to get addicted, try not to get carried away with mods, like I have in a short time :lol:

If you need any advice, i'm not the most knowledgeable, i'm still learning, but feel free to drop me a message, i'll try my best to help.

Enjoy,

L.

Could you name me a good cat back? Will the tegiwa make it a bit noisier? I'm already looking at exhausts so a reliable couple names would be appreciated. the AD08Rs are good for just standard roads yeah? Cheers man I appreciate that. Just sat waiting while they put all the original type r stickers, then driving to pick up some Type R floor mats on gumtree for silly cheap, all the improvements I've made so far are cosmetic but I'm already hooked...... so so in love with how you have to drive these cars, really gotta work for it.

Well, that was quick.

My EP3 had the Tegiwa CatBack on it when you had the ride. That should give you an idea on the noise level of it.

He'll have a Mfactory racepack diff, Spoon 5.1 FD, carbon syncros and Running 250BHP before you know it :lol:

Fcuking told you so :lol:

IMO aftermarket back boxes all look horrible compared with OEM. Just get an unsilenced B-pipe (the centre section under the car). You'll get 90% of the performance gains from a B-pipe. Fujisubo or whatever they're called make a back box that looks almost OEM and gives good performance but it isn't cheap.

Just please... for the love of god, DON'T buy an N1. Or one of those stupid looking 'dolphin tip' things. They look so sh1t.

IMO aftermarket back boxes all look horrible compared with OEM. Just get an unsilenced B-pipe (the centre section under the car). You'll get 90% of the performance gains from a B-pipe. Fujisubo or whatever they're called make a back box that looks almost OEM and gives good performance but it isn't cheap.

I spent ages looking at replacement exhausts and came to the same conclusion :( They all generally look pretty ****. The EP3 is tailored to a twin-pipe and sticking some big round thing there looks awful. The Fujitsubo is around £800, so I guess you'd have to really want that OEM look.

I think the dolphin tip thing is a trade-off rather than trying to cram a paint-can sized exit pipe out the back and have it possibly rub against the curve of the bumper. I'm not as against it as you appear to be (if it was a choice between single giant paint can or that).

My suggestion:

Save your money for now, wait for it to settle and expose its issues (it will have issues, it's a 13yr old car...). Fix those first. If the exhaust has a hole (or is close to it) then sure, consider that the time to replace it. Otherwise, worry about handling before power. FRSU, stiffer rear sway bar, better tyres, have the brakes checked over, etc.

Fcuking told you so :lol:

Just please... for the love of god, DON'T buy an N1. Or one of those stupid looking 'dolphin tip' things. They look so sh1t.

Best advise this.

I was a big fan of my N1. Tinnitus inducing with the B-pipe, but loved the sound.

Dsc017862.jpg

Back