• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 I can't believe this!!!

I was speaking to the Sales Manager at Cloverleaf honda this morning and he has said that they took their first deposit for the 2007 type R this week.

How many people would put a deposit down without even driving a car?

Sounds like bull. I asked to put a deposit down the same week as it was released at the motor show only to be told he would take my details and let me know in a few months, likely around august time about putting a deposit down. :roll: :?

I've ordered an STI and never driven one.

Cars like that speak for themselves if you ask me :wink:

CTR said:

Not really Liam. You should have driven it - remember when i first drove your Civic for the first time - after loving the thrill of being the passenger - i loved the performance, handling was to get used to, but hated the position of the wheel, remember? I know i've just picked one from a pool to be my new company car til decemeber, but that's knowing that the pros will outweigh the cons. If however i picked it without ever having driven one, and i found out later that i hated the driving position, i'd be gutted that i didn't drive it first. it's not just about the look of a car or its reputation that you should go on when buying a new car

After all, we're not talking about buying a £500 banger here are we - over £20K for a car is a hell of a lot of money - you should have driven first.

(another valuable lesson from your big bruv :wink: )

REGAN said:
CTR said:

Not really Liam. You should have driven it - remember when i first drove your Civic for the first time - after loving the thrill of being the passenger - i loved the performance, handling was to get used to, but hated the position of the wheel, remember? I know i've just picked one from a pool to be my new company car til decemeber, but that's knowing that the pros will outweigh the cons. If however i picked it without ever having driven one, and i found out later that i hated the driving position, i'd be gutted that i didn't drive it first. it's not just about the look of a car or its reputation that you should go on when buying a new car

After all, we're not talking about buying a £500 banger here are we - over £20K for a car is a hell of a lot of money - you should have driven first.

(another valuable lesson from your big bruv :wink: )

Agreed. I test drove a Scoob STi and thought it was sh!t.

MilanoChris said:
Agreed. I test drove a Scoob STi and thought it was sh!t.

:? :?

In what way??

CTR is a great car I'm not denying that but IMO there is no way it could match an STI for cross country pace, simple as.

What MY did you test as well as the there have been big changes for the MY06 cars, so much so that when Autocar test drove one they said that if you can accept the harsh ride then 'it is a stunning machine to drive' and 'the fact remains there are few cars on this earth that can stay with a well-driven Impreza STi – and the new car is quantifiably faster than any production Impreza that’s gone before.'

The result, says Subaru, is the fastest, most agile Impreza ever to go on sale in the UK, and that includes the limited-edition 22B that tore up our streets at the end of last century.

Don't get me wrong, your entitled to your opinion and the STI may not be to everyone's liking but the new car (or even the MY05 for that matter) is such a step forward I don't think it can hardly be called sh1t.

REGAN said:
but hated the position of the wheel, remember?

Yeah but we're not talking some budget cr@p here are we, we're talking about a car that has been focused for the driver so I hardly think that the driving position is gonna be bad (I'm not saying it'll be great either but I can't see it being bad in anyway). :roll: :roll:

It was the STi car from 2004 I drove. I'm not too ofay with what mdel it was.

The scoobie may be a more capable car the the CTR but I have more fun in the Civic at a fraction of the cost, and fuel economy.

MilanoChris said:

There have been several major changes since that model. Suspension setup (most of the front end now shares a lot of components from the Spec C), intercooler has been changed for a more efficient one, different LSD's front and rear plus the STI now wears the Potenza RE070 which is basically a semi cut slick. :wink:

MilanoChris said:
The scoobie may be a more capable car the the CTR but I have more fun in the Civic at a fraction of the cost, and fuel economy.

That's an accurate comment I will say. For what you pay for the CTR you get so much in return, but as for the fuel economy, well I'm averaging 22mpg all the time so that's not really an issue for me :lol:

MilanoChris said:

Drive a MY05 STi with PPP and your views will change in an instant :wink: :twisted:

dotty said:
MilanoChris said:

Drive a MY05 STi with PPP and your views will change in an instant :wink: :twisted:

Doubt it mate. Plus the wife would never let me have one :lol:

I bought my first CTR when they were first released, without even seeing one in the flesh.i just went on all the mag and newspaper reports as they were all saying it was so good.
Havnt been dissapointed one day in five years.

:shock: Personally i would never:

a) Buy a car without driving it
(I found the My06 boring tbh...fast a to b but no fun imo)

b) A early production Honda made in the UK... it has PROBLEMS written all over it :lol:

c) Buy a car where the spec hasnt been finalised! It might turn out to be a 1.1 with 50bhp :lol:

SOates82 said:
:shock: Personally i would never:

a) Buy a car without driving it
(I found the My06 boring tbh...fast a to b but no fun imo)

b) A early production Honda made in the UK... it has PROBLEMS written all over it :lol:

c) Buy a car where the spec hasnt been finalised! It might turn out to be a 1.1 with 50bhp :lol:

It's going to have to have negative weight to get a decent power to weight ratio, but then i have heard of Honda working on Anti gravity technology so that could well be what it's for :lol:

ive just paid my deposit this week :D :D my dearlship tells me each dealership will get three cars,out of these one is a demo which they are not allowed to sell,so really each dearlership has two for sale,times that buy say 100 for 100 dealerships giving 2oo cars for sale,dearler then tells me this car will only be made in three colours and one is not yellow :x :x there also telling me that no deliveries will be made for about 5-6 months so you either put your deposit down or wait 6 months till after its release :lol: :lol: since i have already bought 2 new type r's from this dealer there've said if i do not like the car ,its performance or any other thing they will refund me my money as this car will be so much hot property to get hold of and the demand will be immense :wink: :wink: so in my eyes iam looking at placing another order so i can sell one and make some profit,all my local honda dealers have already sold there two spare cars so already its going to be hard to get hold of :twisted: :twisted:

I bought a CTR without driving one as no dealer would let me near one..wouldnt do that now though

Back