• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

i cant work it out ?

ok here goes in this last week with all the heat only on the journey home not on the move only stationary my water temperature starts to creep up. It never go's all the way to the red just three quarters then settles ???? whats wrong and why is it intermittent ive checked the coolant its always visable and the correct colour, oil recently changed , fan comes on as it should , im thinking of taking it to Endless Horizons in Reading just to see if they know but even if id still rather know myself any help welcomed
Thanks Leighton

the water temp will rise as its got no airflow over the radiator to help cool itself, as long as the fan comes on and it doesn't go to the top of the temp gauge then i wouldn't worry too much

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd get it checked, the temp on EP3's never rises above normal for no reason....Could be a faulty thermostat?....

yeah thats quite alot of trouble for a thermostat but good shout ive just booked it in im tired of getting oily lol

No not yet they've just done the radiator test and its constantly bubbling, but they said when they take it in they will do more comprehensive checks im in Reading so Endless Horizons are doing the work and checks

It could also be an air bubble in the cooling system. ( simetimes happens if you changed your fliud recently. )
Try draining the cooling system .

other symptoms of thermostat stuck open are when engine does get upto temp when on a long run on the motorway it will drop back toward cold.

slightly poor MPG as the engine runs richer than usual as it thinks it is warming up all the time.

It could also be an air bubble in the cooling system. ( simetimes happens if you changed your fliud recently. )
Try draining the cooling system .

good shout ill get them to check because now that ive run fresh new water through the temp hasnt moved but still bubbles abit cheers mate

Back