• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I saved £180 with Swiftcover!

My renewal quote with Elephant for the year came to a very surprising £642 this time. :eek:

Bear in mind that for my Evo5, it was a touch over £700!

So, I went onto moneysupermarket.com and ran a search for quotes, the best deal was with Switcover. As with the Evo, I have my wife as a named driver....that helped to get the price down ;)

Btw, the voluntary XS was £350, and comp XS was £250

Yea they were cheapest for me this year too..just think its due to their big advertising push..wont be the same next year

my girlfriend used swiftcover it was DIRT cheap. hundreds of pounds cheaper than even elephant/admiral ackbar, who are usually the cheapest on standard cars.

she is paying approx £300 fully comp, 0 NCB, 22 YO, EU driving licence in average area for ford ka. elephant were mid £500s. others £6-700+

i think once you have a few years NCB elephant/admiral become the cheapest for standard cars like fords, beemers & hondas.

Yeah i know most insurance co's go dirty on you for the 2nd year onwards...but thats not a problem. I just look around again.

Oh yeah forgot to mention....the insurance premium for me with Swiftcover was under £450 :D

...and I have about 9 yrs NCB

Last edited by a moderator:
in that case it could just be that they have a "blacklist" of certain cars?

Extra loading despite added security measures. Just like a certain postcode can have extra loading, even if you lived in Fort Knox!

Swift cover gave me a quote £400 more that i paid in Nov last year.

They wouldn't let me insure Mother as second driver either.

Quote Declined

Unfortunately the details you have entered mean we cannot provide you with cover.

i had much lols the otherday when i was profiling someone selling a bike on gumtree in slough. got their postcode via their email or phone number, i forget which. anyway it was right in bozo heartland slough. you know the ones where the asian homeowners have built these annex homes at the bottom of the garden with water and heat and they rent it out to 4 unfortunate fresh off the boats for £50PW. check this link out. i hope it goes to satellite view. zoom in on the gardens hahaha.

WHAT B DIS in the back of your garden mr ahmed, have you informed slough council?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...527306,-0.6126&spn=0.001662,0.004807&t=h&z=18

£710 for me, was almost £100 dearer than my cheapest. 9 years no claims, no convictions etc, clean slate.

Think ill still end up paying £600ish no matter where i look. :mad:

Back