• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I think I'm starting to really like these..

:? :? :? :? :?

Apparently, the handling makes it a very involving drive, despite the lack of actual power.

I'm holding off taking a test drive, incase I get the sudden urge to buy one LOL.

32240_1425061580531_1052517213_1317528_3828431_n.jpg

36370_412733479105_514679105_4293910_2795974_n.jpg

36229_1441046660148_1052517213_1363768_4874815_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if it didn't have the £4 non matching solid blue MOTORSPORTS sunstrip and gay bonnet it would look nice. what is it?

if it didn't have the £4 non matching solid blue MOTORSPORTS sunstrip and gay bonnet it would look nice. what is it?

CR-Z...

Agreed. Not a sun-strip man either dude.

The bonnet is a wrap - I think it looks okay, although it'd be better if it were actual CF, IMO.

CR-Z. robocop's car name. i like that. the issue i have with bonnet is it makes it hard to see the lines of the car, which look very striking. i am fond of the running lights, modern.

Is there any mention of a performance variant of this or is everyone going to be stuck with the 1.5 hybrid?

Nothing that I know of thusfar 'Beard - why am I secretly hoping there will be one, though? :?

Fcuk it - I do like these, irrespective of the power output :lol:

Edit: Although I've read the thread Neily's spoken of below. Felt that there was a large degree of specualtion related to that though.

Is there any mention of a performance variant of this or is everyone going to be stuck with the 1.5 hybrid?

Do you not read any threads on here beardo? :lol: There is talk of a Type-R with 150bhp 2 litre petrol engine and 50bhp electric motor.....

The bonnet just looks too high for the rest of the car, if you catch my drift. The line from the bottom of the window just doesn't match it, looks a little odd to me.

Courtesy of a Bassetts Honda post on Civinfo.

In stock guise - with the better optional wheels, and the other options like CF wrapping in places (mirrors, boot trim, bonnet etc. etc.)

2r5xgyt.jpg

Picture link didn't work (I think you have to be registered and logged in to see it).

Apologies - sort of assumed it was okay, as it was coming up properly; I'm a member though LOL.

I'll try and sort it out in a bit; failing that, from home this evening - as the work PC's are dinosaurs. LOL.

Edit: Just had a play around with the link, still an issue/not displaying?

I dont like it, its the second new honda i dont like because of the backend. First the civic and now this

I dont like it, its the second new honda i dont like because of the backend. First the civic and now this

I suspect we'll be seeing more and more cars with rear ends like these in the future, it's all down to aerodynamics to reduce fuel consumption and emissions. Just look at the Prius and old and current Insights, they all have the same rear end with a split window.

I was at a trade show last week and Honda were there. I sneaked over to have a look at the guy came over for a chat, he said that they have managed to get the battery and motors for this down to silly size now, and that with that in mind they could stick it in a Type-R model without having to goose around with styling too much. And he was referring to any other Type-R models not just this door wedge thing.

Up close IMO it looked gash. The view from the back is somewhat Ssanyong Rodius. Front is better. Also seemed like a really really small car standing next to it.

4/10 for the rodan scale.

I was more impressed with the Nissan Juke which was also there - looks like an robotic preying mantis, awesome inside too, and the rear doors are excellent. Obviously not a performance car, but as a family motor it was very very good. Might have to persuade Emma that she needs one.

I'm not a fan on Jason Derulo but hey, he's driving a CR-Z. :lol:

[video=youtube;8ESdn0MuJWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ESdn0MuJWQ[/video]

I spotted one of these with the black bonnet when I was in Wales looked nice as came towards me.

Honda will never put a K20 or anything as exciting as that in one :( , saying that i've not driven a 1.5litre/electric motored Type R, but it wont be as buzzing to drive as any of the previous Type R's.

looks like an robotic preying mantis,

:lol:

I spotted one of these with the black bonnet when I was in Wales looked nice as came towards me.

Honda will never put a K20 or anything as exciting as that in one :( , saying that i've not driven a 1.5litre/electric motored Type R, but it wont be as buzzing to drive as any of the previous Type R's.

:lol:

Every time I see one I think, yup I'm getting one... then I remember 0-62 in 10.1 seconds :(

To put that into context A Seat Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi does 0-60 in 7.9 and gets 60mpg...

Unless they make one any quicker I'll keep hold of the FN2.

I seen a pair of these on the lawn outside my local dealers here in Colchester. 1 in white and 1 in blue. The blue one looked really nice. 8)

Back