• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ICV...?

Hi guys, I know this has been covered many many times in other threads as I've been reading through them all morning..My ICV needs cleaning as I have a rough idle when coming to a stop to the point where the car nearly cuts out and it is starting to annoy me. I know how to clean the ICV and I've printed out the 'How-to' detailed on here however being a novice...I haven't got the first clue where it is located, would really appreciate it if someone could get a snap of its location on the car and point me in the right direction?

Cheers in advance!

I got down to cleaning the ICV finally and was beaten by rubber tubing :mad: can anyone shed some light on how to remove these two pipes?? I removed the clips and tried every method I could except breaking them to get them off but no success... I would prefer not to have to break and replace them if possible

Pliers to loosen the metal clips, move them further up the hose out the way and then a bloody good yank.

Pliers to loosen the metal clips, move them further up the hose out the way and then a bloody good yank.

I did pretty much that lol how durable are the hoses? When I was pulling on them I thought they were going to snap before coming off so gave it up :confused: If they are this difficult to get off, how bad are they to get back on?

Tbh they can usually put up with a bit of a beating but I wouldn't want to break it without a back up. I've not split a hose on my 20 YO Fiesta so I'm sure your EP3's is fine. But worse case scenario, get yourself down to a motor factors, buy the pipe (it wont be much) first and then replace if you need to. If you don't, take it back and get a refund.

Tbh they can usually put up with a bit of a beating but I wouldn't want to break it without a back up. I've not split a hose on my 20 YO Fiesta so I'm sure your EP3's is fine. But worse case scenario, get yourself down to a motor factors, buy the pipe (it wont be much) first and then replace if you need to. If you don't, take it back and get a refund.

I will have another crack this weekend as I don't want to pay a garage to do something I know I can do with ease (minus a defiant bit of rubber!) there is a motor factors just round the corner from my work so I will give them a bell and see if they have what I need, I'll report back after round 2 and let you know how it goes, cheers Danger

To remove stubborn pipes you could try and slide a small flat headed screwdriver in between the end of pipe and where it connects to the throttle body and raise it up to break the air tight grip and it should come off a lot easier

To remove stubborn pipes you could try and slide a small flat headed screwdriver in between the end of pipe and where it connects to the throttle body and raise it up to break the air tight grip and it should come off a lot easier

There is very little space to work with unfortunately, all else fails...the bumper is coming off...I am not being beaten by some japanese rubber!!

Just an update guys, finally done the icv...the tubing took some effort but finally came off ****ing coolant everywhere lol after an hour of cleaning and putting back together I took the car for a good run and it seems to have solved the problem :D nice to have a normal running car again

Back