• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

im a lazy ba$tard

ok ill put my hands up and admit i can be bothered doing a search on 'THAT' forum. im thinking of getting a JR manifold and keeping my original CAT and want to know what back box to go for. i ideally want quiet but dont mind a bit of noise ot high revs but would like a bit of power if possible

JR Header gets rid of the cat.

You can either weld in a high-flow cat in the 2nd piece like Guy from CPL has done to Saras car or buy a DC or Comptech shorty header and keep the original cat.

Shorty headers are'nt supposed to give very good gains but i have 210whp with mine + de-cat :?

ok my mistake. guess thats what you get for being a lazy git. might go for the full supersprint setup then. i really dont want to be having to put the stuff OE stuff back on once a year to get it MOT'd

captain scarlet said:
ok my mistake. guess thats what you get for being a lazy git. might go for the full supersprint setup then. i really dont want to be having to put the stuff OE stuff back on once a year to get it MOT'd

surely u know some1 who knows some1 who'll 'ignore' it for u. im certainly not bothered about losing the cat (oh 4got, i already have!). but thats maybe because i know some1 who'll ignore it 4 me

MUGEN TWIN LOOP, thats the beast I'm after and its quiet until you hit Vtec apparently and looks the dogs.

the standard backbox is good up to something like 300bhp I seem to remember reading. It'll also be one of the quieter backboxs around, only downer is its a good bit heavier than most aftermarket ones.

Back