• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Importing a JDM Facelift EP3

I'm thinking of importing a fresh one as i'm getting fed up of the lack of ones for sale. Don't get me wrong, there are a few decent ones out there but i'm really after a low mileage one and i can see it taking a long time for one to come up at a good price. The lowest mileage one i've seen is at WRC Bradford with 16k on the clock but they want £11.495!

I've just got one question though if anyone can answer it. Do all CTRs in Japan have the K20a engine and LSD plus the other stuff? E.g. say would a 2006 model (facelift) have these extras? Reason being is that all the ones i've seen for sale are 01-03. Been looking at the auctions and there appears to be a few 2006 (in Champ White of course)....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they are the same engine wise and interior wise (except you don't get the all red recaro's) you get the 'premier' recaro's in the facelift JDM.

If it were me, given the choice and the savings you would make I would opt for a pre-facelift JDM.

Cool thanks for info Dotty. I get what your saying but how rare would a 2006 facelift JDM be in the UK!! I've seen an 03 but never higher. Maybe its due to the price difference. Also, would the facelifts still qualify for the lower UK tax banding?

As you say i'll look at how much more it would cost than a pre-facelift.

smithy, i would give anything with bradford in the title a miss.

regarding the importing, i have spoken to someone recently about importing of cars from japan, and apparantly it is taking longer than usual, due to the downturn in global/japanese economy there are not so many ships leaving port coming to europe and so you have to wait longer, and pay more.

Back