• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Imports with mods.. insurance...

Anyone got a good list that will cover the above?

Its a JDM EP3 so most of the mainstream peeps dont cover it..

So far i have...

A-Plan (who are my existing insurance company)
Sky insurance
Adrian Flux - who couldnt beat my renewal..
Chris Knott.. who wouldnt touch me cos i'm not 30 for another 6 months!! wtf..

Any others? when i had the DC-5 tbh i just bounced between A-Plan & Adrian flux but neither seem that competitive this year :mad:

hi rob good to see you about on the forum. i might be telling you to suck eggs but car insurance has gone up around 20% this year. even with my blagging it still has gone up around that figure. poor show all round.

im 30 mate and its gone up alot this year just renewed mine with chris knox
found it hard to find anyone else really. good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greenlight have been doing good things for some people on Civinfo.

1. Drivers must be aged 21-65
2. The maximum value of vehicle we can cover for Drivers aged 21-24 is £17,000
3. Our Underwriters require policyholders to have at least 1 year’s actual NCB in their own name
4. Drivers with only 1 year’s NCB will have to have owned either the same (or a very similar) vehicle to what they are looking to cover with us.
5. Proven driving experience of a high performance car (in your own name) is likely to be required
6. Drivers must have held a Full UK License for at least 1 year
7. Your vehicle must be a performance model, or extensively modified standard vehicle
8. Due to consistently poor claims experience within certain postcode area our preferential schemes are not available within these areas (which currently includes most of BD, L, all M, all OL, in addition to some other individual postcodes)

http://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/

Do discount for Civinfo members, but it's all 8th gen so they'd probably rumble you tbh if you tried to blag them but no harm in trying. :lol:

Cheers for the replies guys ! :cool:

Yeah ross, but they tell me that every year - and i've finally hit 7 years no claims bonus and its just a giant big con aint it :evil:

Lee my best so far is with sky insurance for £700 on the dot, which is still a good 100quid more than the TEG was and that had a few more mods..

That is £70 lower than my renewal and i have just under a week to try and grind it down more, £600 would be nice.. considering my age, no accidents, no points, 7 years NCB and locked garage over night with a 9 year old car......

I will give Greenlight, Mark Richards & Lifesure a try :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem you've got is now the joyboys can get them for sub 5K, they're wrapping around the nearest street light which puts the ep3's insurance up. That's something I doubt the teg will suffer from as much as I don't see joyboys in tegs

Back