• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

In the market for new insurance. help needed so I don't get robbed.

I am short listing companies to call this Saturday as my insurance is due later this month.

so far I am going to call...

Direct line
Greenlight insurance
Chris Knott Insurance
Adrian Flux
Sky Insurance

I will also be looking at all the comparison web sites, but they are normally **** so I'm not holding out hope for them.

I am with Admiral right now and will naturally get a renewal figure with them as well, although unless they are REALLY cheap they can FOAD after the way that they handled the accident I was in last year (other driver admitted liability strait away but still refused to give me market value for my car, even though its not coming out of their pocket :mad:. Still ongoing for 11 months now, not at all bitter :lol:)

Any recommendations would be gratefully received!

27 years old, 5 or 6 years no claims, 4 or 5 of those in hot hatches. Just in case this helps.

just so you are aware admiral play the game of giving you a **** renewal price in the hope you automatically accept. when you get a fresh quote it will be anywhere from 30-20% cheaper. so bear that in mind also.

I have multicar insurance with Admiral and they quoted me £ 529 for the year on my EP3, after looking on confused.com I managed to find a new policy with Admiral for £252 ( I am old....lol) I told them this and they honoured the new price.......which was nice. They are all blood sucking gits so it's always best to push them hard to make the best savings, in my case over half the price :)

Thanks chaps.

rossy, I have been with them for a few years now, I know their little game :). I have a qualification in negotiations (not kidding), I always get the best price.

good to know I am on the right tracks with the companies I will be calling.

Admiral can FOAD, they cant come down even within £100 of what I can get on a comparison website. one down, five to go!

I am short listing companies to call this Saturday as my insurance is due later this month.

so far I am going to call...

Direct line
Greenlight insurance
Chris Knott Insurance
Adrian Flux
Sky Insurance

I will also be looking at all the comparison web sites, but they are normally **** so I'm not holding out hope for them.

I am with Admiral right now and will naturally get a renewal figure with them as well, although unless they are REALLY cheap they can FOAD after the way that they handled the accident I was in last year (other driver admitted liability strait away but still refused to give me market value for my car, even though its not coming out of their pocket :mad:. Still ongoing for 11 months now, not at all bitter :lol:)

Any recommendations would be gratefully received!

27 years old, 5 or 6 years no claims, 4 or 5 of those in hot hatches. Just in case this helps.
Hi,
How did we get on with regards to your quotation?
Regards,
Dan.

d4n h, have you tried brentache?? they were about £500 cheaper then everyone else for me with mods declared :)

admiral are annoying,but the more you haggle, they finally give in!

they did not give in... £840 x 1 payment. they can FOAD.

Hi

If you would like to pm me your name and postcode and a contact number I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Dan

Ill PM you in a second mate, thanks. I have a handful more companies to call. I called you guys but think you could do better. so give me a call.

d4n h, have you tried brentache?? they were about £500 cheaper then everyone else for me with mods declared :)

I have added them to my list. Thanks Tom.

Just called them. they are now in the lead so thanks for that man. I need to speak to a couple more companies and then I'm good to go.

They are not a lot cheaper than AF. Need to find out what they cover to decide who I go with.

Back