• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Induction for EP3 - Further to the guide

Re: Tegiwa

It's rated for being like, but cheaper than, the GruppeM.
It's slated for being like, but cheaper than, the GruppeM.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's rated for being like, but cheaper than, the GruppeM.
It's slated for being like, but cheaper than, the GruppeM.
I was having a bit of a read last ngiht and some people really do dispise (sp) the Tegiwa due to being a copy, no r&d etc.
In terms of performance, looks and sound though its very similar and doesnt have the £600+ pricetag?

Precisely.

It's down to Tegiwa what they do. It's down to the buyer what they buy. I can see the arguments for both buyers of the copy, and the haters of Tegiwa. I don't hate anyone. I bought an ARC instead.

Personally, I'm about principal and ethics. There's no denying what Tegiwa have done though - which is offer the same product at less than half the price - albeit incomplete... Would I buy one? No.

I can not fault my Tegiwa box. I assume Type means it's incomplete by the lack of scuttle?

I believe the scuttle piece is not included possibly, or that it has to be purchased seperately?

ARC went bust earlier this year. It is correct that the SIB's are no longer produced. Tehy could make a comeback though.. :smt047

I believe the scuttle piece is not included possibly, or that it has to be purchased seperately?

ARC went bust earlier this year. It is correct that the SIB's are no longer produced. Tehy could make a comeback though.. :smt047
The scuttle does have to be purchased seperately, thought it was going to be something else when you said incomplete.

Okay, that's it then - as there is a tailored scuttle included with the GruppeM.

Not sure about the bolts you get to fix the scoop though - I saw someone fit a scuttle and they looked like they had used camber bolts they were that big. LOL. It's not biggy though, as these can probably be changed, if they're the ones I'm thinking of.

Okay, that's it then - as there is a tailored scuttle included with the GruppeM.

Not sure about the bolts you get to fix the scoop though - I saw someone fit a scuttle and they looked like they had used camber bolts they were that big. LOL. It's not biggy though, as these can probably be changed, if they're the ones I'm thinking of.

Mine, probably. Pretty poor choice from previous owner. But the washer / bolt combo thing teg supply in black are tidy.

I'm not sure Joey. Pics please :)

TBH, you can't fault the Tegiwa.. if you don't give a sh!zzle about fake this, fake that, JDM y0! this, JDM y0! that. It does what the GruppeM does.

Been busy lately. Somethings missing from the type R experience, I think it's the sound.

I really don't want to be spending over 160 quid on an induction kit though. I'd put in a wanted thread but arn't allowed....

So

tegiwa m - shouldnt do anything negative, good sound, just not jdm? Well i couldn't give a toss about JDM so that's an option
ARC went bust - so chances arn't good!
AEM CAI - good for not losing power, and good for noise. Price? Worried about the location of the CA feed though

And which one was the one with the cold air feed that's higher up near the wheel?

Anyone provide any prices/locations/ info on ease of fitting?

You wont get a Tegiwa/ARC for £160.

So AEM/Injen it is.

Just seems silly to pay 200 quid for an induction kit. From earlier, 200 would get a Tegiwa?

Ok so AEM is cheapish, and still good quality and without losing power? Just going to water log the engine.

That's just what they cost. People pay much more than that. Doubt you'd get a Tegiwa for £200.

I just bought an Injen CAI brand new for £175 for my "Project Recession EP3".

That's just what they cost. People pay much more than that. Doubt you'd get a Tegiwa for £200.

I just bought an Injen CAI brand new for £175 for my "Project Recession EP3".

Suppose i'm just used to other forums, people sticking on 100 quid filters etc. The injen one any good? Didn't read it in the guide.

Yes it's very good for the money. Don't be scared off by the "sucking up water" crap, you'd need to drive through a lake for that to happen.

They make great power, and sound good too.

Back