• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

induction kit advice.....

Hi new to the civic scene just moved up from a 106 gti and lovin it!!

Basically seen loads about get a gruppe n or the replica but I'm not keen on cutting the scuttle and then driving in rain with the scoop thing? Because sureley its forcing rain water down even if it does have drain holes loads will still get on the filter element am I right?
If so would a k and n typhoon be any good and make a cold air feed from the front grill for it?

I'm new to these engines ect and ran loads of filters on my 106 and never had any hydrolocking ect are these prone for itor something?

Cheers in advance!!!

You'd think the filter would get wet but it doesn't in reality. It just runs down the back and out of the drain hole.

A typhoon will suffer heat soak as the filter sits right next to the block and exhaust manifold.

I ran the Gruppe M in all sorts of weather and it never once affected it. I also had the AEM CAI which sits down Inbetween the wheel well plastics and the bumper, and this again, never caused me any issues at all.
The K&N is known to sap power due to it sitting next to the block causing heat soak.
As for cutting the scuttle, if you buy the genuine Gruppe M and not a copy, you will get a replacement scuttle with it. It's not the best fit and can rattle, but with a bit of foam tape and some fiddling it can be made to work correctly.
One thing to bear in mind with the K20 engine, it's hard to get masses of power without spending masses of money. Unlike your Pug, breathing mods will only give you tiny gains. It's when you start looking at ECU's that you will really see the benefits of fitting lots of parts.

ah ok. am i deffo best off getting the gruppe one then? iv seen a copy of it a tweiga one or something for 350. im not really after more power just a better noise. i just dont want to loose power. so looks like i will go for the more expensive one.

Nothing wrong with the Tegiwa one in all honesty. You won't be supporting the company that did the R&D but it works just as well.

If you can avoid puddles and like being paranoid the AEM cai is good and cheaper. It is at a bigger risk though so teg m would be my choice.

I've got an AEM cold air intake that sits behind the bumper for sale.
You can go through small puddles etc no bother, what you dont want to be doing is go through deep water is all.
I've ran one for 4 years now. No issues

I've got an AEM cold air intake that sits behind the bumper for sale.
You can go through small puddles etc no bother, what you dont want to be doing is go through deep water is all.
I've ran one for 4 years now. No issues
I had it for a year drove in every condition going being in scotland and it was fine. Only thing that got me was being paranoid and i didn't like the big gap in my engine bay. It sounded really nice though.

That's good so k and n induction with a buddy club system would be ok to run without map?

Yeah that would be fine. Would be better mapped but should be ok. Anything more than that though would get it mapped.
Hmm well speaking to loxy on few threads he said that not to run the exhaust with decat so I'm going to have to leave cat fitted. What are your thoughts on this???

Hmm well speaking to loxy on few threads he said that not to run the exhaust with decat so I'm going to have to leave cat fitted. What are your thoughts on this???

I didnt realise you had decat as that would be changing the manifold, i thought when you said buddyclub system you ment catback.

I would listen to loxy before me anyway he knows more than me lol

I didnt realise you had decat as that would be changing the manifold, i thought when you said buddyclub system you ment catback.

I would listen to loxy before me anyway he knows more than me lol
Just going to sell my buddy club manifold its already in the for sale section. I will just connect centre pipe with back box with cat fitted and connect k and n intake and save up for my k100 :) yes loxy knows his stuff.

Back