• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Injen Cai /hydrolock

I bought Injen CAI for Acura RSX type-s 3"(SP1477P)with Amsoil dry filter,I plan to buy Hydroshield(Injen),whether it is better this dry filter or older filter with oil,has anyone had problem with water sucked into the engine/hydrolock?Thanks!

I used to have a copy (not original) version of the Injen CAI, I never had a problem with it and it was on the car for a few years. I now have an AEM CAI and dont have any problems with that either.

I had no problems with the AEM CAI. Sounded brilliant.

Don't worry about puddles at all, just worry about rivers.

Regarding Hydrolock:

Here I am driving about in Basingstoke earlier today, I saw this and thought about how I would react if I had an AEM CAI fitted..

Imagine encountering this late at night in an urban area.. it is deeper than it looks, I was behind a bus before I stopped and took this and it surfed up a lot of the water.

306de5e2.jpg

a3d41fc8.jpg

I'd drive through that no problem with the AEM CAI. I wouldn't be worried because the actual filter sits around 10 inches off the ground, nowhere near that water, and it is protected by the OEM splash cover/wheel arch liner. The water isn't high enough to submerge the filter and the cover protects it from water splashes. Also the filter sits in front of the wheel, when driving through water the splashes are to the sides and back, when driving at speed the wheel is actually moving water away from the filter.

I had an AEM with hydroshield on my old EP3 for near enough 2 years and didn't encounter a single problem with and drove through some fairly deep puddles. As long as you dont sit in the puddle and rev the engine in neutral I'll think you'll be fairly safe!

You drive in winter with CAI also,have you tried to remove the hose from the TB after driving in the rain?

think the worse feeling is driving at night down country lanes where there is no reassurance that you won't drive through a deceiving dip with a big puddle of some sort on the left. Other than that, I've had no issues.

I do get this massive flood under an over head bridge when it's been tanking it down and I need to drive to the other building, I just take a detour :)

Back