• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Install Energy Suspension motor mount inserts

Trung

Banned
you need:
2 jackstands, floor jack, 14+17mm sockets + extension and LOCK-TITE.
... Do NOT drop your lower subframe out completely! Lower Control Arms STAY PUT! AGAIN! you don't have to take out the
lower control arms...

Jack your front of your car up like normal, Pop out the 4 Big ass Subframe bolts, undo the rear 3 14mm bolts
(need an extension for 1 of them), remove mount. For the front there's 1 bolt going through it, 17mm needed.

Pull the subframe down a tad (it's held in place by the LCAs) and after greasing up your MM inserts, pop them in...
You gotta tear a little flap off of them (or maybe it's just 1 I can't remember). The mounts stay put.

Use your Jack to move the subframe up if necessary, put the back on one first, front one on last. I mean,
once you know where they are, it's a 1 hour job for someone who's never done it before.

also do NOT forget to LOCK-TITE the motor mount bolts when your putting them back in... this is essential.
you can get some at any auto store for like 5 bucks. let the locktite sit for about 20 min. (preferred) before
driving. check motor mount bolts that you have lock tite'd in about a week to make sure they didnt unseat themselves.
bolt unseated=motor go bye bye!

Trung i think i a have a few pics from when i done this job because i was gonna right a guide myself, will see if i can dig them out then you can use them for this guide if you like

Back