• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Intake guide, the basics. Newbies **please read**

The AEM V2 points directly at the back of the engine bay where the hottest external part of the car is, the exhaust manifold. There is no cold air supply to the kit so consequently the intake will just suck in hot air which is not good for making power.

You need cold dense air.

It makes a nice noise, but apart from that not much else. One to avoid.

I'd have hoped common sense might prevail. Not all kits can be listed and discussed with pros and cons, but funnily enough the same style of kit to the V2 is discussed in the guide.

Yes I understand heat soak and not knocking the guide - don't get me wrong!

I'm interested to see the ARC in an EP3 - only seen them in EK's before... who sells them?

What would you recommend for the best noise at the best value with no heat soak?

I recently bought an 05 CTR with an ARC air intake. looks really well in the engine bay, the only thing i can say is the guy that fitted it cut the air conditioning pipe to get the thing to fit

I recently bought an 05 CTR with an ARC air intake. looks really well in the engine bay, the only thing i can say is the guy that fitted it cut the air conditioning pipe to get the thing to fit

Pics please! :smt040
Actually just googled it and they dont look as nice as they did in the EKs!

I believe some modding is needed on an EP3 as the Arc is actually a DC5 part.

Here's mine in my DC5.

52df98b0.jpg

It is possible to fit without cutting or damaging the air con pipe on an ep3.

When I fitted it originally the two were touching and eventually it snapped the pipe. Since then however TGM have refitted and there is now plenty of room between the two. :cool: I can get some pics up if needed.

Back