• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Integra type r seats on a civic type r ???

Hi all,

Would like to know whether the integra type r red recaros would be a straight fit to replace the rubbish civic type r seats ???

Cheers

You need to swap the rails, I believe.

JDM/30AE seats are the best option IMO. - Straight swap.

You need to swap the rails, I believe.

JDM/30AE seats are the best option IMO. - Straight swap.

this is correct

alternatively, you could get Spoon/Feels/HKS rails made for the EP3 and bolt the Integra recaros to those...although they aren't cheap :O

If you can get the rails with the seats (DC5 ones) they will fit after slotting one of the holes and using a small spacer.

I have DC5 Recaro SR seats in my EP3. IIRC, they are lighter weight than the JDM/30AE Recaro Sport, and definately lighter than the stock Type R seats.

Downside is that the SR doesnt have the sliding base as the Sport. I've not found this to be a big problem though, even with a baby to put in the back occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i ave tem in mine.you can buy the dc5 rails and then mount the dc2 seats on.all i had to do was drill one of the holes bigger and put a couple of washers in to make the right hight.easy

Wouldn't say the EP3 seats are rubbish.

They just don't crush your gonads like the Teg ones do.

Standard Ep3 seats werent that good, but the JDM/30AE were really nice and I personally didnt find any problems getting in and out of them with fear of damaging the bolster (sp).

I can now understand how DC2/DC5 recaros sag since I've install the recaros into my Jazz and i'm always weary putting too much pressure in fear of damaging/sagging them.

Back