• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Interchangable B pipe?

Hiya,

im posting for my mate as he has a crack in one of the welds on the midpipe of his FGK Power Getter and is now wanting to get a straight through b pipe for it.

now he has phoned system R about it and they have said to him that its not possible to get one that will be a direct swap?! he has also phoned somone local who fabricates exhausts and they want aobut £300 just for a striaght through centre piece! :shock: :?

now i thought that it would be the same principle as the EP3, which you can swap each bit over individually regardless of the branding? is this not the case with any car or exhaust as an exhaust has to be specific to the car but also universal in order to be able to replace sections of it with ease? is there something different about the DC5 that im not aware of?

if someone could shed some light on the situation that would be great :D

cheers,

Spykee said:
now i thought that it would be the same principle as the EP3, which you can swap each bit over individually regardless of the branding? is this not the case with any car or exhaust as an exhaust has to be specific to the car but also universal in order to be able to replace sections of it with ease? is there something different about the DC5 that im not aware of?
Not every exhaust brand are interchangeble.
Toda for example are definately not.
Fire_2 recently tried to fit his Fujitsubo RM01 backbox to Spoon b-pipe but will not connect properly.

If he wants to know for sure, then he should line up his Fujitsubo Powergetter mid-pipe next the standard one and see any differences.

ok cheers for the help mate! :D

what do people do then if they want to fit, say a straight trough midpipe? do they get them fabricated at a custom exhaust centre or something?

Back