• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

iPhone connecting to car stereo question?

I'm bidding on an ex company car at work. They usually go quite cheap and you can get a bargain. Anyway, this one has got a fancy Kenwood DVD player in it with a flip out screen.

The car is an 04 and I think it's been in from new. Obviously there'll be some kind of AUX in so I can link up via the headphone socket but will there be any way of getting the display from the iphone onto the screen???

I'm guessing it's not going to be possible but I know the iPhone has a TV out facitilty.

I'm bidding on an ex company car at work. They usually go quite cheap and you can get a bargain. Anyway, this one has got a fancy Kenwood DVD player in it with a flip out screen.

The car is an 04 and I think it's been in from new. Obviously there'll be some kind of AUX in so I can link up via the headphone socket but will there be any way of getting the display from the iphone onto the screen???

I'm guessing it's not going to be possible but I know the iPhone has a TV out facitilty.

On most modern cars you have either an AUX socket, USB socket or both. With an Aux socket you still need to control the iPod yourself. In my Volvo with USB I can control the whole thing from the steering wheel controls, shuffle, select playlists etc.

Yup it's the Vectra....... eventually up for auction. It's got a fancy Kenwood stereo fitted with satnav and flipout screen though

I've had a dig round on the interweb and it's got the 3 AUX input like a TV has. So does this mean I can get videos and stuff to play from my iPhone onto the screen?

I've had a dig round on the interweb and it's got the 3 AUX input like a TV has. So does this mean I can get videos and stuff to play from my iPhone onto the screen?

Purely a guess but I would say yes you can however because its an AUX input you would still need to control the action on the screen from the iPhone itself and not the controls on the steering wheel.

Back