• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 IPOD ADAPTER - What does it do?

Has anybody ordered a car with an ipod connector?

What does it do? :confused: :confused:
- does it charge the ipod?
- does it display track names on your stereo diaplay?
- can you change the ipod track from the cars controls?

Cheers

I'm not sure of all the details, but it does not enable full control of the iPod.

Basically you have to name 6 playlists, and you can then flick through tracks on each playlist or jump to the next playlist.

Really it just acts as a disk changer, with each playlist acting like a disc.

Seems very expensive for what it is IMO.

Fair comment.

But I can pay £225 (adaptor) + £170 (Ipod) = £395 for an 80gb ipod in my car. Or £475 for an 8 disk autochanger!

With the adaptor I don't need my big case of CDs (OK I could use MP3 CDs to cut that down a bit) and I still get to use the Ipod elsewhere. No competition! :smt002 I guess it's all down to how much music you have and how much you want on tap.

I have already ordered the adaptor but the 2 Honda dealers I have spoken to had conflicting opinions. Has anybody got one? And if so could you shed some light on the above? :confused:

Thank you

Going off what paul.goffin says it sounds like a Dension Ice-Link and they're ony £100....

I have a Dension Ipod Link thingy and it's great! It charges the ipod and you can control it from the existing car stereo...

Fair comment.

But I can pay £225 (adaptor) + £170 (Ipod) = £395 for an 80gb ipod in my car. Or £475 for an 8 disk autochanger!

Thank you

The standard CD player plays mp3's so you really get an 8CD autochanger for free.;)
I normally get 6-10 albums on a CD.

Due to the above, I could not justify the cost...but I would have taken one for free.

It depends which way you look at it. I got £410 off so yeah you could say it was free, along with a few other bits!

Either way I've ordered it, and I can store my whole music collection (easily) in my car rather than having to have a load of MP3 CDs.

Maybe I should have shopped around for a cheaper version, but I do prefer things dealer fitted and it's still cheaper than an auto changer.

The question still remains - does anybody have one and how does it work:confused:

Does it charge the Ipod?
Can you see track titles on the car stereo?
Can you change tracks from the car controls?

Does it charge the Ipod?
Can you see track titles on the car stereo?
Can you change tracks from the car controls?

Hi

Yes it does charge the ipod and you can see the track number on the car display but not the title and artist. It is controlled from the steering wheel controls and works as said before like a cd multichanger. Not the best solution but it does work :D

Thank you

Yeah, for the money I would probably expect a little more. Maybe if I had gone for SatNav it would display the track?

Oh well, still gives me a huge amount of music in my car.

Last edited by a moderator:
ipod connection

the ipod connection charges your ipod and you can use the stearing wheel buttons to skip through your ipod content. The album and song details are also displayed on the digital display in the car.

if you dont want ot pay the £225 from honda then theres a lead is on the market for £90 and it is identical. It just plugs into the CD changer output on the back of your headunit.

IPOD CLASSIC EXPERIANCE

Another query on this adapter (my car wasn't on the last delivery like promised, so I can't test it yet)!

I have just read a few reviews on the Denison Ice Link and there seems to be compatibility problems with the new ipod classic. I.E. it won't charge it.

Although the new ipod isn't that different from the last one apparently it uses different firmware and will now no longer charge from old firewire cables either.

Any one got any experiance with the Honda ipod cable and a new ipod classic???:confused:

Does anyone know from experience which is the best ipod connection for the CTR (FN2).

I never bought the option at the stealers because i'm using one of them transmitters made by griffin but i'm fed up of this now because the lead also trails in the way of the handbrake, etc.

I have considered buying the DICE electronics unit for 80 quid approx on ebay.

Has anyone got one of these or similar ??

Dension are regarded as the best. I have one in my vRS and my bro has one in his 182.

Thank you

Yeah, for the money I would probably expect a little more. Maybe if I had gone for SatNav it would display the track?

Oh well, still gives me a huge amount of music in my car.

The reason for the expence is because the dash has to come out to fit it ;) seems alot for what is a wire but that is the reason why. and yes its better than multichange

Back