• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

iPod connector for factory-fit stereo

hey guys sorry to be a pain but im new to this...just bought a type r and the stereo is doing my head in... is there a cable that can go in to the back of the factory stereo for my ipod...and where would i get it? and do i really have to take the whole pannel off to get it out if there isnt a cable.
cheers

When I got my car it had an ipod connector for the factory stereo.

It works quite well, you change the playlist with the disc + - and track with the track + -

It doesn't display the track correctly just starts from 1 everytime you turn it on. It also needs an older iPod as it doesn't seem to work with touch or iphone.

Not 100% on the brand but I think it could be a connects2 one. You would have to take the whole stereo out as it connects to the back.

Not as good as an after market stereo but suits me for the time being.

What car do you have?

EP3: There is a connector which allows you to plug in a 3.5mm jack aux in. So no control over the ipod.

Pre 2009 FN2: Honda optional extra kit allows basic control using play lists.

Post 2009 FN2: Full control ipod dock as standard.

What car do you have?

EP3: There is a connector which allows you to plug in a 3.5mm jack aux in. So no control over the ipod.

Pre 2009 FN2: Honda optional extra kit allows basic control using play lists.

Post 2009 FN2: Full control ipod dock as standard.

is this on the back of the head unit?

is this on the back of the head unit?

Yes. It's just a aux in lead (red/white). Buy a cheap aux to 3.5mm jack lead from an electrical store and run in through to your glove box or cup holder recess.

For the EP3 you do need to buy an adapter box.

Below is a post after I fitted mine nearly 6 years ago. I think connects2 still sell this adapter.

paul.goffin said:
Finally managed to install my HP140 iRiver into the Civic.
I have the orginal HU and had to order an adaptor from In Car Development (http://www.icd-ltd.com tel 0121 502 0999) which cost £67 delivered. The adaptor allows you to have a aux input using the CD changer port.

So i got the HonS3 adaptor and it fitted a treat. Though I did scratch my arms to bits getting the dash off to gain access to the rear of the HU, and I also broke the glovebox :(.
I hid the adaptor just to the right of the glovebox. Then ran the phono to 3.5mm jack lead from this position behind the ash tray and under the hand brake console. I drilled a hole in the cubby hole so I could leave the iRiver in the cubby hole.

I need to make a little bracket or something similar to hold the iRiver, but most of the time it will be operated from the remote.
Sounds excellent 8) so now have about 140 Cd's at my fingertips no more CD wallets :)

DSCF0346.jpg

The adaptor, just added some tape to cure a little rattle

DSCF0347.jpg

This was a little difficult to drill this hole because i couldn't remove the unit completely which meant i struggled getting a drill in there. Most of it was down with a file :(

DSCF0348.jpg

this is the remote which I have complete control over the iRiver

DSCF0349.jpg

This is the main unit, but I need to get this a bit more neater by making a bracket

Back