• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is ep3 type r windscreen differant to non type r?

Orite

I hve a broken windscreen and all the windscreen companies want £500+ to change it so i was just going to go to the scrappies and get a window from their, is all ep3 windscreens the same or would i need to take a window off a type r to fit?

Cheers Billy.

EP3 windscreen is reinforced because of the top speed and handling characteristics.

Standard Civic screen would probably be ok up to 70mph but anywhere over that and it'll likely implode.

Same goes for the wipers - the EP3 ones are more aerodynamically balanced for greater speeds.

Billy, I'm confused as to why you're not getting a new windscreen on your insurance, it's usually only a £50 excess.

EP3 windscreen is reinforced because of the top speed and handling characteristics.

Standard Civic screen would probably be ok up to 70mph but anywhere over that and it'll likely implode.

Same goes for the wipers - the EP3 ones are more aerodynamically balanced for greater speeds.

So i do need to put a ep3 type r window back in, doubt ill find a type r in the scrappies!

If its bonded in you need the right tool, think most screen repairers charge about £50 to remove and £50 to refit

head-in-hands-alias.jpg

Good question and good answer by the second poster. I would never have even thought about this or even thought that screens would differ that much.

Where you based Billy? The only difference you need to be aware of is pre facelift and facelift screens have different mirror bosses!! I fit windscreens for a living so if you need any help let me know.

I had a crack windscreen before and paid 150 for the screen and labour.

Where are you based? If you are near southwest you could check wiltshire windscreens.

Back