• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

is my car going to start costing me?

gbl

So have had an issue for a few weeks that started after my service which turns out my brake callipers, discs and pads on the front are knackered I am getting them replaced tomorrow. My ep3 has 95k on the clock and this is the first major thing that has happened. My question is do you think my car is going to start giving me issues or can this be put down to general wear and tear?

Calipers on Honda's are notoriously poor. I'd say 95k is a good innings, the cost of a refurb via Brakes International isn't too bad all things considered, although a lot of garages will offer a similar service. The other bits are wear and tear so I wouldn't be too alarmed. The EP3 is a bullet proof car with very few major issues, keep it maintained/serviced and topped up with oil and you should fine.

Who serviced your car by the way? They should have noticed the brakes, I'd be looking for another garage.

I stopped going to honda about 4 of years ago since they started lying to me about things that were not wrong with the car such as my cat is dying and needs replaced. So I went to a local garage my manager at work recommended its just one guy and a an apprentice. I have taken it to a new place to day who get a good name they do performance tuning etc and get a good name. They seem to know what they are talking about and the prices seem good. £331.02 for new disc, callipers and pads, They are also going to give it a quick once over just to check that the service I had was actually carried out.

Price seems about right if fitted. Who is the garage and where are you from?

Can't say I've heard of them, but they seem to look after some decent cars.

yeah they get a good rep and they seem to be honest, because the last garage I went to told me I need I should not be using falken 914s on it and I should be using p zeros. Scott underwood said thats rubbish Falkens are ok.

I had the 912's on an old EP3, wasn't a fan. I've found that on Honda's Bridgestone tyres work best. You can get RE002 in the correct size all round, or if you fancy something that's pretty much the best road tyre you can get then look at the AD08R.

best tires I have had were an my old beemer they were falken 452s but you can't seem to find them in many places anymore. They just felt like pierelli 6000s which were a good one too.

I had the Falkens for a while, they're not too bad, but I found the road noise from them pretty loud.
The last good tyres I had that I rated were on my DC5. Kumho KU's, for a cheaper tyre, they were surprisingly grippy in both wet and dry. I got the recommendation from a guy with an Audi RS6, he rated them highly, so I gave them a go. They lasted well and wore evenly, aren't too noisy, and as I say, had great grip when used with my fast road setup.

Toyo Proxes T1R is what I'm using at the moment, Halfords Autocentre do brakes for life but request ADL BluePrint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back