• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

is there much difference?

ok,

had the aem v2 on my old ctr and without a doubt it was awesome but at the moment really cant afford one so i have been looking at the k&n typhoon which looks very similar to the v2.
can anyone tell me if the typoon is any good or is it worth saving a bit longer for the V2?
thanks in advance.

They are both similarly ineffective, so either one will be fine.

i had the v2 on my old ctr and thought it made, not massive, but good improvements so i cant understand why people think they are ineffective......
AEM say + 12 bhp from fitting the kit.
i am not after more power just the sound really and want to know if the typhoon sounds as good as the V2???

I've got an AEM v2 which i might sell? It's second hand but its got a new filter inside etc, inbox me if your interested

Keep the OEM box and put a Do Luck drop in foam filter in it. Typhoon are only good for noise and suffer from heatsoak.

thanks for the offer frank but think im gona have a go with the do luck drop in filter first, read some good reviews and at only 35.00 cant moan really if its no good.

Thats what ive got, hondata modded airbox/ do-luck filter/ 90mm cold air feed to front grill.

How you finding that mate? That's what I plan on doing to mine this weekend.

its fine, i think the cold air feed was the biggest +, teamed with a straight through b-pipe works really well........ no plans to change the set up anyway:)

Although i have been thinking of making a scoop in the front grill for the caf

I've got an AEM v2 which i might sell? It's second hand but its got a new filter inside etc, inbox me if your interested

Hi Frank, How much would you be selling it for? Did try and send a message but it wouldn't send for some reason :S

There was a Silver EP3 in Hills Salvage in Skem with an AEM V2 on it, and what looks like a Magnex Oval backbox a couple of days ago. Might still be there, not sure how much they will be asking for them though.

Back