• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Isofix

Evening, I'm a newbie to the forum and to type r ownership. I've just swapped my pregnant wife's car to an 05 type r. I cant seem to find any information online or via mothercare about the isofix. Has anyone looked into this or using having done this research? Any help would be appreciated.

what exactly do you want to know? I do some testing on child seats so might be able to help you out

I hate Isofix. Hate the guilt that goes with not having it.
When our sprog was nearly born we went to Kiddiecare to get a child seat. The guy there showed us a car seat then told us about Isofix, we said we hadn't really looked into it. So he showed us one. Then proceeded to tell us it was £110 for the base and can we really put a price on our child's life (those exact words) My wife and I both looked at each other and said, nah we don't want isofix, if anything happens to the baby we'll just have another. His face was a picture. Prick. Friends do have them though and they like it.

what exactly do you want to know? I do some testing on child seats so might be able to help you out

Maxi cosi has no info on the type r isofix so mothercare are a bit blank. Need to know if anyone has ever got any info from honda. Don't want to use it if its not safe. Any help is great.

ISOFIX is a universal fitting system.

If you have an ISOFIX compatible seat, it will fit in any other vehicle with ISOFIX fittings.

As to whether the EP3 has ISOFIX, I am unsure, but I'll do some digging :)

It would appear so...

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/honda_civic_2001/94.aspx

Child occupant
A small pictogram on the centre pillar was the only warning against placing a child in a rearward- facing restraint on the front passenger seat, opposite an airbag. Euro NCAP urges Honda to provide better warnings. The restraints used were Honda-branded Römer Duo that had top tethers. Their attachments must be extended before they engage the ISOFIX anchorage pins within the car seat, but there was too little information on the seat labels for whoever fits them to understand this. The top tether fixing was not explained. The high neck loading recorded for the 18-month-old made his seat unsuitable.

EP3 has ISOFIX, I have one of the maxi cosi bases in mine, handy bit of kit and safe as too, apparently.

It is easy to tell if you have isofix or not. Modern cars have a little sticker on the seat which shows a baby seat (or a label that says isofix). However my old subaru didnt have anything to suggest there was isofix but it did have them. If you just slip your hand in between the two cushions (seat back and seat base) towards either the inner edge (towards centre seat) or outer edge you should feel a metal bracket which feels like a bar. It can range but on average would feel about 80mm long.

Isofix is definitely better for front facing but I would recommend to ALWAYS use a top tether. Rearward facing I would suggest either isofix or belt - but I would keep them rearward facing for as long as possible.

Back