• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ITBs and Cams

Was thinking about maybe looking into to getting ITBs and some Toda cams some time in the future so was just after some info from you guys about them like apart from a remap is there other mods you need to get before you have them fitted, do you get good gains, price roughly to buy and fit? Just thinking of something different and id like to keep it N/A, thanks for your help :)

No probs mate so am i :) ITBs (individual Throttle Bodies) seen a few videos of civics on youtube with them on and they sound pretty mental but just not sure what they're all about :)

Ah well at least I'm not alone :lol:

Copied from Wiki:

In fuel injected engines, the throttle body is the part of the air intake system that controls the amount of air flowing into the engine, in response to driver accelerator pedal input in the main. The throttle body is usually located between the air filter box and the intake manifold, and it is usually attached to, or near, the mass airflow sensor.

Many cars have a single throttle body, however more than one may be used, chained together by linkages, to improve throttle response. At the extreme, high performance cars, such as the BMW M1, and high performance motorcycles, like the Suzuki Hayabusa, have a separate throttle body for each cylinder. These are often referred to as "individual throttle bodies", or ITBs.

;)

Good find bud :) this is a vid that james (touge) faved on his face book, sounds pretty awsome :lol:

[video=youtube;-Z-M_oZutU8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z-M_oZutU8&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Sounds awesome! Get one now!! :lol: Who cares how they work :lol: Sounds like he has a turbo or S/C on there too :)

Haha checked out the toda site, no price on the ITBs so one suspects they are not on the cheap side :)

I'm sure I asked a similar question not so long ago (probably in two threads) and HASNIC was pretty helpful. AFAIK they don't appear to be worth the money they demand. When I had a Fiesta I looked into getting Jenvey TBs and they were upwards of £2000, and you probably will have maybe 20bhp gain from them.

Think you could be right as i looked at www.tdi-plc.com last night and the ITBs were £2000+ just to buy, i like the raw sound they give but that cant justify the price. I suppose this is why people just go for Super chargers

Yeah that's it, they do sound awesome mate I agree with that. £2,000 for the units, then you have to take into consideration, fitting and tweaking them and then the mapping. And the fact they will make the CTR guzzle jungle juice like it's going out of fashion :lol: I actually think they would cost the same as a S/C (that's just a guess from the prices I have seen).

I also thought about cams and unless you have other hardcore mods they dont seem to be worth the hassle either.

If ITB's are what you like then get a load of this NSX. :twisted:

[video=youtube;P1Z7ZlAQs5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Z7ZlAQs5o[/video]

also I know on the scale of things it is not perhaps the most important consideration, but the oooh aaaah factor you get when you pop your bonnet to reveal a nice shiny set of ITB's. And the sound....

Of course if you are thinking with your head not your heart, you would just throw on an RRC or Skunk2 inlet, some tasty stage two or three cams, a decent header, exhaust (a wide one 70mm at least) and then ARC or GRuppM and you are over 250bhp but with a nice torque curve and much improved drivability. You will give a JRSC a run for its money and sound a lot better with instant throttle response. Vtec just kicked in yo!

vtec2.jpg

Back