• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ITG damage

My Etech strut brace has worn a small hole in my ITG box. I've taped it up for now but might have to super glue on a plastic cover. I'm a bit peed off but want another CAI anyway. If anyone wants to swop or make me an offer for this damaged ITG let me know. Where's the cheapest place to get an AEM CAI for EP3 in the UK?

Ebay's your best bet. I got mine for £120 and picked up on the night. Gave the lad a cheeky, "How much would you like for it" email whilst listing was open.

On Dyno they are extremely similar & make a metallic induction roar that I miss. I should have made a rub strip for the Etech brace to rest on so it's my own Fail really. I wouldn't mind a brand new one but silly money.

I have this issue here, as I have a left hand drive ctr, GruppeM is no option, so I'd like the second to best... Would that be the ITG as I read most of the time, or save some money and go for AEM V1 which costs less and neglect the little hp difference over the ITG?

It's a no go for cuddywifta cars I've heard this before. Go for ITG if you like your engine bay to look good. The performance difference is about 100th mm in the 1/4 mile sprint. One is bound to be more for mid range than the other & all that jazz.

No GruppeM for lefties? How come? Isn't the engine arrangement identical, or perfectly mirrored?

Engine layout is the same, but some fluids and brake/clutch cilinder are diffentry located... I'll make some pics someday to see the difference, but yes, GruppeM doesn't fit LHD EP3 :(

It's a no go for cuddywifta cars I've heard this before. Go for ITG if you like your engine bay to look good. The performance difference is about 100th mm in the 1/4 mile sprint. One is bound to be more for mid range than the other & all that jazz.

So basically, both are good? :)

GruppeM doesn't fit LHD EP3 :(

I'm pretty sure it does fit a LHD EP3. You will need to relocate the brake reservoir and possibly a few other bits and pieces but I did have a photo of one installed in a LHD EP3. I'll post it if I ever find it. But I'm 100% sure it has been done before.

Yes, I gave it a look today, it could be fixed easely by relocating the fluids indeed. However, I decided to go for ITG Maxogen probably

On Dyno they are extremely similar & make a metallic induction roar that I miss. I should have made a rub strip for the Etech brace to rest on so it's my own Fail really. I wouldn't mind a brand new one but silly money.

I've just taken out my tenabe bar as I was concerned about it wearing a hole in my ITG. What's the best solution? I was thinking about either adding washers to raise the bar or droppping the ITG by lengthening the mount holes.

I would have thought raising the bar might cause problems with the bonnet shutting or catching to lock properly.

I've just taken out my tenabe bar as I was concerned about it wearing a hole in my ITG. What's the best solution? I was thinking about either adding washers to raise the bar or droppping the ITG by lengthening the mount holes.

I didn't want to risk raising the bar, so just took the bar off.

Back