• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ITG MAXOGEN HUM

Just a quick question to any other people who have an Itg Or had one. Does anyone else's make a slight hum / fan sucking noise?

Mine is as quiet as the grave/ western front/ falling snow/ mouse/ tree falling in the forest when nobody is there to hear it.

It's probably vibration. I did use quite a few rubber washers to get mine sitting how I wanted it.

Whatever the noise is it can't be as bad as the extremely irritating rattle the Tegiwa M produces! Drives me mad! I love the noise it produces but for me it's s poorly built piece of kit for the money it costs... Which is why as we speak I'm looking to see what the next best alternative is to it.

Cheers Jim. I think I will have a go at the weekend with using some rubber washers ect to see if that helps! I will also out of interest disconnect the air box just to see if it is actually the intake making the noise?
will update with results.

Sound like vibration alright. Mine sounded OEM unless in vtec. Which is when it sounds awesome. Nice deep snarl. Have to make sure to clean and oil the filter regularly.

Update on hum noise. I disconnected the ITG and it makes the hum noise with no connection. So it's not the intake at all?
any ideas what could cause the hum? Car runs perfect to.
The hum might of been there since I've owned it but I didn't notice before cause it had the OEM air box still on.
just for good measure I've ordered a new intake hose as mine is the original and does look a little perished.

In that case I would get in there with some spanners and check every nut and bolt you can get your hands on. The intake and exhaust manifold covers are also notorious for prattling.

All bolts nuts clips ect checked that I can get my sausage fingers to lol. All tight and secure. Hopefully when I get my new intake hose that will solve it. Failing that could it possibly be the idle control valve? My car is idling fine but I've heard on some cars if this not 100% working fine it can creat a hum? Bit of a mistery this one.

I will update once I've fitted the new intake hose.

Fitted mine today and also have a 'hum', sounds like a Hoover or something to me but only noticeable when idling. Need to get some rubber washers to make it fit properly so could be down to a little vibration I suppose.

Don't know if hum is the right word to use but to me it sounds like a Hoover or like when your radiator fan kicks in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back