• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ItWasntMe's Silver Civic Type R FD2

Hi All!

I have been a member of itr-dc5 for a while, as this used to be my car...

IntegraFirstShots300NoReg.jpg

Until somebody decided to write it off at a roundabout a few weeks ago. So, it meant only one thing: Replace or upgrade.

I'm not going to argue that what I bought next is an upgrade, it's just my opinion (but it TOTALLY is :D).

2008 Honda Civic Type R
52,000 miles
Mugen Suspension

I love this thing. Sure it's stiffer than the DC5 (who knew eh?) but what it lacks in damping it makes up for in every other area.

IMG_5529%20Edited.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5526%20Edited.jpg

IMG_5530%20Edited.jpg

IMG_5525%20Edited.jpg
IMG_5524%20Edited.jpg

IMG_5533%20Edited.jpg
IMG_5550%20Edited.jpg
IMG_5549%20Edited.jpg
IMG_5547%20Edited.jpg

Thanks,

ItWasntMe

Sorry to hear about the dc5 but that fd2... stunning. Any plans for it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks pal. Yeah it was a sad day when the DC5 died. Any normal car would have been repairable but the insurance wrote it off. I could have done the 'buy it back, repair it' thing but it would never have been the same car. And I wouldn't have been able to afford doing it properly.

The FD2 is amazing. Different car but still very much a Type R in every respect.

Current plans are: replace the JVC head unit as the current one is tired and could do with an update. I generally live by the rules of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it; but when it does break upgrade it'.

So there will be Ferodo DS2500 pads going on with drilled and grooved discs (same set up I had on the DC5) in the short term.

Maybe a Spoon/K&N panel filter or something like that. Had the Mugen intake on the DC5 and it was nice but expensive. I've heard you need deep pockets to get decent power gains from these so I'll take it slow but I'm always on the prowl for cheap JDM parts ;).

Not to mention the fact it goes like the clappers anyway. Friends claim it's 'just as fast' as the 'Teg but I'm convinced it feels a fair bit faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. How do you find the fd2 compared to your teg ? For me I noticed it was better in most ways ...

It's like everything that made the DC5 awesome is turned up to 11 in the FD2. It is so much stiffer, the turn in is exceptional and the DC5 wasn't exactly bad. I think it's slightly faster but it could be psychological.

The only negatives are that on the wrong road, it doesn't feel composed. But on most roads around me it's fine. Just the odd 'bounce' here and there. I've heard the Koni shocks and OEM dampers eliminate this but the ride is certainly bearable for me. The Mrs has other thoughts, but that's because she has more 'wobbly bits' than I do! :D

I miss the driving position of the DC5. Lower is always better (seat rails will fix this). It's quieter, even though it doesn't have any sound deadening.

MPG wise it's identical (33 mpg with V-Tec and Motorway combined).

Overall, it's a definite upgrade in every respect over a DC5, except styling and driving position. Neither of which are truly detrimental to enjoyment of the car. I love the shape of both equally, and I've just done a 400 mile drive this weekend and I was perfectly comfortable when cruising and spirited driving.

How about you? This is your second one isn't it? I wanted a Purple one but I couldn't face the wait/premium!

Is there anything for these cars you haven't sold? :lol:

One question I have... The boot lid has no plastic cover (inside) on mine. Is that normal?

In the spirit of weight saving... I can take that.

Even if it is a bit weird using the inner metal frame to pull the boot lid down!

Thanks buddy.

I've had my time with CW; I became OCD with the white wheels on the DC5.

Think the Silver really brings out the lines of the car.

That's a savage looking car buddy. I only bought a fn2 first time owning a vtec car always wanted one. And they are so much fun and solid on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back