• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I've finally done it - Now I've got to wait for it!

Having posted in a different thread, it lead me to type this up.

I've flirted with the idea of an EP3 for a while - and really should have purchased one instead of my FN2 - Since buying my FN I have always hesitated to pursue my interest in an EP due to the fact that I have outstanding finance owing on my FN2 (And the car is only 5 months old).

But everyday my discontentment at my FN2 (Mint - not even 3,500 miles) leads me to pine for, and as a result scour the classifieds/autotrader for a mint example of an EP3.

I'm afraid to take the plunge though, because I fear being financially fooked over (losing a lot of money) on changing cars. That said though I'm just looking for a viable reason/option to allow me to make the change.

I haven't liked the FN2 really - since I saw it at Excel in 2006, but did get caught up in the new car razmatazz when I bought it - I was impatient and the dealer gave me a great deal.

But now I want the car that lead me to forge my passion for Type-R's = the EP3 (because the DC will muller me on insurance), but don't really know how to proceed, without getting bent over for £££'s - anyone got any advice??

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering why you're so keen to change. :)

I prefer the look of the EP, and that rawness that makes the drive that bit more invloving/exhilarating - the creature comforts in the FN help, but the FN, like I mentioned in a different thread, is more of a car made to milk the success of the EP and suited to a different market, I'm not a consumer of that market... well I am, but I'd rather not be.:lol: :evil:

Any advice on such a change - or is it just a case of taking the hit?

You could always try to source an EP3 owner who is looking to get onto the FN2 bandwagon - have a chat and see what gives.

I haven't liked the FN2 really - since I saw it at Excel in 2006, but did get caught up in the new car razmatazz when I bought it - I was impatient and the dealer gave me a great deal.

You must have been on crack to spend £18k on a car you didn't like! :rolleyes:

You must have been on crack to spend £18k on a car you didn't like! :rolleyes:

Yeah - basically put it down to the euphoria of buying a new car, and learning to like it.. I do like it now, but much prefer the EP3.. bad mistake on my part IMO.. spent about 8k on it thusfar...

On crack?

If you've not got anything constructive to say I'd rather you didn't comment man - you seem to have a habit of obnoxiously replying to a lot of my posts.. Many of which, don't even display anything like the sort of ineptitude that warrant the sarcastic replies they receive from you.

Mod or not, your attitude sucks. :evil:

If you've not got anything constructive to say I'd rather you didn't comment man - you seem to have a habit of obnoxiously replying to a lot of my posts.. Many of which, don't even display anything like the sort of ineptitude that warrant the sarcastic replies they receive from you.

Mod or not, your attitude sucks. :evil:
FFS lighten up, I was only having a joke! :roll:

Just sell the FN2 and go for a late Premier EP3 and fit an LSD and a few other bits with the change.

Though you'll probably need to put some standard wheels back on it it make it easier to sell.

Just sell the FN2 and go for a late Premier EP3 and fit an LSD and a few other bits with the change.

Though you'll probably need to put some standard wheels back on it it make it easier to sell.

Cheers man. That's ideally what I would like to do.

Is it simply a case of just selling the car, despite the fact that the car has outstanding finance on it? I was thinking of doing similar to what you have posted - but the outstanding finance is something that I'm concerned about, in that I'm not entirely sure how it'll work, and whether it'll work in my favour.

I have a spare set of wheels to go on the FN, if needs be.

:cool:

I made a hell of a lot of loss when I moved from my EP3 to my current DC5 due to the mileage on it. I only got £10500 for it in the end and it was only a year old. :rolleyes:

I just thought that it's only money that I would have spent on other crap and the excitement of getting the Integra also played a part in it.

Saying that, I bought my car for £13000 with a lot of mods on it. I have stripped most off and I reckon that all together I have sold them all for around £5000, so I haven't done too bad in the end although I wasn't looking at that side of things when I bought it.

If you can find a well modified EP3, that has KPro, I/H/E, springs/coilovers and one with a diff fitted, and get a good price for yours then I don't think you'd lose out all that much financially, but more important you'd be happy with your car.

I know where you're coming from mate, BELIEVE ME!!!!!

Don't often get involved in the whole this cars better than that car debate but over the years I've owned four hondas, three of which were Type-Rs.

The EP3 is in a different league to the FN2 purely from a drivers point of view. ok so it doesn't have a flashy gear shift light, tweaters in the doors, silver pedals blah blah blah but it feels so much more nimble and alive.

If you don't like the car and want to change (can't say I blame you) then why not visit 'webuyanycar.com' just to see how much they'd give you? Prices at the minute are higher than last month so you may get enough to pay off your loan and get a new loan (sainsburys, tescos 5.9%) for the EP3?

Luckily someone up above looked down on me and sent APB motorsports over to buy mine a month after I bought it. Thank god for the waiting lists at the time else I'd have lost money on it.

First thing is first, do you have HPI on the vehicle or is this a personal loan? Selling vehicles with HPI can be difficult, you would need to be clear and upfront in the sale about either transferring the finance, or settling it on sale. Needless to say it will come up on a HPI report which is why you will need to be clear.

Without knowing your financial situation, you may not get back enough to cover the finance if you sell the car so this is the big decision for you to make. Did you get it on a good APR or is the interest sizeable? Have you looked into handing the car back after 6 months and walking away - is this an option, if so can you afford it?

On another note, 'webuyanycar.com' will offer you peanuts. They are preying on those who have lost jobs or are in financial difficulty (IMHO) and offer instant cash at below market value so that they can make a good profit.

I know where you're coming from mate, BELIEVE ME!!!!!

Don't often get involved in the whole this cars better than that car debate but over the years I've owned four hondas, three of which were Type-Rs.

The EP3 is in a different league to the FN2 purely from a drivers point of view. ok so it doesn't have a flashy gear shift light, tweaters in the doors, silver pedals blah blah blah but it feels so much more nimble and alive.

If you don't like the car and want to change (can't say I blame you) then why not visit 'webuyanycar.com' just to see how much they'd give you? Prices at the minute are higher than last month so you may get enough to pay off your loan and get a new loan (sainsburys, tescos 5.9%) for the EP3?

Luckily someone up above looked down on me and sent APB motorsports over to buy mine a month after I bought it. Thank god for the waiting lists at the time else I'd have lost money on it.

Thank you for your post..

This is my situation - I put £6,200 down as a deposit, and have owned it about 5 months - so I have paid another £1,030 - in total I have paid £7,230 approx on it.

I've got the option to give it back after 3 years or pay the final payment off and keep it. I'm on a 0% agreement - This is why I don't k now what to do.

I do want an EP3 though - but I will lose on the £7k I have already spent - If I lost a 1k or 2k (Which I doubt I will, unfortunately) I'd do it without a doubt... but this is the predicament I find myself in, with a car I'm not satisfied with.

First thing is first, do you have HPI on the vehicle or is this a personal loan? Selling vehicles with HPI can be difficult, you would need to be clear and upfront in the sale about either transferring the finance, or settling it on sale. Needless to say it will come up on a HPI report which is why you will need to be clear.

Without knowing your financial situation, you may not get back enough to cover the finance if you sell the car so this is the big decision for you to make. Did you get it on a good APR or is the interest sizeable? Have you looked into handing the car back after 6 months and walking away - is this an option, if so can you afford it?

On another note, 'webuyanycar.com' will offer you peanuts. They are preying on those who have lost jobs or are in financial difficulty (IMHO) and offer instant cash at below market value so that they can make a good profit.

Cheers mate, I have posted the details of my agreement with Honda above.

Back