• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I've just crashed my CTR!!!

I just had an accident where I hit a car in front of me with my brand new CTR Premier :cry: :cry: :cry:

Naturally the front bumper is damaged, and the cross memembers in front of the radiator are bent, and the bonnett is misaligned. Since it't a new car, am I better of taking it to the dealer for a quote for the complete repair, or would I be better off getting an aftermarket bumper fitted???

All I really want is for the car to be the same as it was before, but it's gonna cost an arm and a leg, and since I don't want to claim on my insurance, I'll have to pay it all out of my pocket.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get around this problem?

I just want to cry :cry: :cry: :cry:

Are there any independent body shops nearby that have a really good reputation :?: By using them but buying your parts from a honda dealer you will save on the biggest outlay which is the dreaded labour.

It's still going to be pretty step though - plus you have to pay for the person's car you hit :(

No way mate - thats terrible news.

Like mentioned above - check for body shops in your local area that have a good reputation for solid work.

May I ask how the accident happened?

A woman in a BMW suddenly stopped in front of me, and I hit her in the back. I know I should have been more careful, but now the damage is done. I will take it to Honda tomorrow morning and get a full quote. And to think, I booked my car in for tomorrow to get some rattles and squeaks sorted out, and then I go and crash it!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've driven for 8 years, and never had any agro, but the only time I buy a car I love, this happens... It's really disheartening.

these things are there to test us mate.

you'll soon get back on the road in your pride and joy.........

i have just noticed my premier has a 2'' dent on the roof - the car is 8 days old for feck sake.......... :evil:

Sorry to about your misfortune mate. I would personally take it to a Honda Dealer to get sorted, I wouldn't do it on the cheap. Justy think of the resale value.

Make sure you tell them you wil be paying for ther damage, as I'm sure the quotes get increased when insurance complanies are paying up. :wink: I found this out with a Windscreen replacement. :wink:

garypaul said:
Are there any independent body shops nearby that have a really good reputation :?: By using them but buying your parts from a honda dealer you will save on the biggest outlay which is the dreaded labour.

It's still going to be pretty step though - plus you have to pay for the person's car you hit :(

And also invalidate the warrenty on any repaired areas! :roll:

Sorry to hear about your crash and know how you must be feeling. Someone hit me about a month after I bought my brand new CTR. :evil:

I'd go for a Honda repair tbh. Why don't you want to go through insurance? It's gonna cost a lot to repair and the other person involved might tell your insurance company anyway.

Been there before fella, my Milano has been hurt but is back in one piece now - if you can get Honda to do the work. :wink:

Neily03 said:
garypaul said:

And also invalidate the warrenty on any repaired areas! :roll:

Hey he asked for alternative solutions and that is one :wink:

Thanks guys.

Just got a written quotation from my Honda dealer, and all repair costs including parts, paint and fitting came to £485.00(that includes a new bumper!). I'm not sure why it came to only that, but I'm not asking questions, and I'm so relieved!!!! :p :p :p

I was prepairing myself to fork out at least £1200. There is a God indeed!!! :D

:shock: Thats great news mate 8) 8) 8)

What Honda dealership did you use???

May be tempted to take mine there too :oops: :lol:

Back