• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jacking it up!

Hey guys,

Doing a bit of maintenance today and am jacking the car up to take the wheels off. I plan to swap the wheels around to help my tyres last longer so need to put the car on axle stands or use two jacks...

Anyone done this before or know how to?

Cheers

Take it to the nearest tyre garage & give em a drink & ask them to do it.
It'll take em 5 mins as opposed to take you an hour mate & you won't even get your hands dirty.

A fiver well spent imo.

There's jacking points on the sills, one on the font subframe in the centre just rear of the front bumper and the rear one is the rear towing eye :shock:

If you jack up the front sill, with the stiff chassis, the rear will be off the ground as well. This is providing you use a good trolley jack. That way you can swap both wheels on one side at a time.

Take it to the nearest tyre garage & give em a drink & ask them to do it.
It'll take em 5 mins as opposed to take you an hour mate & you won't even get your hands dirty.

A fiver well spent imo.

no way even if they payed me £5er!

they fook up the wheels & nuts with there airguns :evil:

plus you get give them a good clean up then try some pledge!!
as polish it really works

also good time to check ya pads grease them up ect :cool:

do mine every week or so... sad really :(

My tyre guy's company is as good as gold Spenc :cool:
They are one of the rare garages that use a torque wrench to make sure once the wheel is back on.

If you jack up the front sill, with the stiff chassis, the rear will be off the ground as well. This is providing you use a good trolley jack. That way you can swap both wheels on one side at a time.

Having trouble locating the sill kack point...

got her up on the front one as i have just painted the callipers. :smt047

Attempting to swap the wheels now... wish me luck.:confused:

plus you get give them a good clean up then try some pledge!!
as polish it really works

also good time to check ya pads grease them up ect :cool:

do mine every week or so... sad really :(

that is pretty sad :lol:

Back