• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JamesT's Facelift DC5 - Kakimoto exhaust & Bilstein coilovers fitted

Not at ~£250 I'm not. Would complete it nicely, but unless I can grab a bargain somehow, probably not.

How long has it been up for sale for? My belief is that there is always someone, somewhere who wants it...just hasn't found you yet!

Its been on the forums since Feb and a month on PH but at a higher price. I've recently dropped the price as mileage rises but it'll go back on PH after my holiday. See what happens then.

Not being rude Mark, but if the car is worth what you have it for sale for then it would have sold already? You keep harping on about missing your DC5 so just cut your losses and get one.

Not being rude Mark, but if the car is worth what you have it for sale for then it would have sold already? You keep harping on about missing your DC5 so just cut your losses and get one.

Everyone wants the best for bargain basement money, I can hold out for now.

I'll still need a cheap car to get me work while I wait for one to be imported so the more money the better.

The longer you hold out the less it'll be worth in the long run surely?

Jay dee em hold their money in most cases...as long as theres someone wanting to buy it!

Decent EK9's are starting to appreciate in Japan, last EK9 RX to go through the Japanese auctions I saw, would have had an OTR price of £9500!!

Small update from me.

Ibiza has gone. I'm carless till the DC5 arrives; it's docking in Southampton around 20th September and on the road ready to go start of October.

-I managed to get a nearly new Fujitsubo Power Getter catback from Japan at a great price. It arrived in 3 days - refreshingly fast! No pics of it yet as it's at work.

-I've never been one for private number plates, however I snapped up 'DC55 TEG' as it was still available. The car will be registered with this plate.

Car is a usual grade 4/B, but the tyres are rated 3/9 which means they need changed for the IVA. Been weighing up different options and I think I'll go for RE070's, but might push for AD08R if they are in stock anywhere!

So...5 weeks to go :(

Rarerims had stock I think, Dotty ordered some the other week. Am I right in saying that RE070 wouldn't be in standard size?

Yeah you're right Chris, the RE070's would be 225/45 - heard some mixed reviews about them so will look into it more. £78 delivered though is a bargain...if they're any good.

At least the AD08Rs will be OEM size, some listed on eBay of all places!

People on the Clio forums seem to be liking these tyres at the moment -

"Syron Street Race" @ £60 each for 17"

Syron-Street-Race.jpg

But as with most things, get what you pay for. Anyone had any experiences with this tyre?

Not with those, but I thought the RE070's were a fantastic dry weather tyre. Be prepared for sudden butt clinching moments in the wet, mind. Especially in standing water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've read the RE070's are a bit iffy in the wet Karlos. Hmmm, might even get back on the Federal RSR's as they were decent for me on my EP3.

Yeah I had the AD08's on my DC2, were good. I can just tell there will be no stock once the car comes into the country. I could stock up on them now I suppose, maybe Torque GT can reimburse me!

Back