• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JamesT's Facelift DC5 - Kakimoto exhaust & Bilstein coilovers fitted

I've been throwing everything at it from my arsenal -

Nothing's touched it yet - the A pillars are a joke, will get a picture up to show what I'm dealing with!

Oh....
Ive only been using the Gtechniq stuff for a few months and I love it.

Next step steam cleaner?

Just the A pillar covers, mine are stained from 60 JDM fags a day being blown at them with closed windows.

..Oh and I've bought a new rear cluster, as some clever sod thought it would be a good idea to drill into one of them in Japan, fcuk knows why!

It's drilled to leave out water and moisture.....are you feeling slightly shafted by torque once you got proper stuck into her?

This is what my A pillar covers look like, the clean line is from where the door seal sits over it and basically blocks the cig smoke from it....

They've been binned, and fresh ones fitted!

So I popped down to Surrey Rolling Road today to see my good friend Romain.

Just got a basic power run to see how much power she was putting out before I start to tinker.

Looks strong - car is stock.
DSC_0053_zps37554e4c.jpg
[/URL]

Intake / Header / Catback have been purchased, K100 will be fitted and mapped start of Jan
smile.png

Yep. I'm so used to Romains maps that I've been kind of spoilt with them. So even though the K20A OEM map is miles apart from the EP3 K20A2 OEM map (note no dip at VTEC kick, this is due to the different cams) it still lacks that midrange grunt that I'm used to.

So, today was pretty eventful.

My offside front suspension top mount was buggered, knocking and banging over every bump, see the bush here -

So Torque GT sent me another one free of charge and I changed that over -

Took the car for a drive and it had sorted it completely, no more knocks!

As I was in such a good mood from that, I decided to fit my Fujitsubo PowerGetter catback - loving the dirt on the car!

Sounds lovely, nice and quiet when cruising, and a bit like a Kaki Regu06&R when in high revs. This usually means it could be a little restrictive - but we'll see!

I also had a freshly refurbed set of wheels in my garage, without tyres. So I asked this chap to pop over and fit me a set of 4 Conti Sport 5's to them, as that's what I currently have fitted to my winter wheels which are currently on the car, and I properly rate them,

Here's winter dirty wheels vs refurbed with fresh tyres -

I've ordered 20 new Honda wheel nuts. So next on the agenda is to refurb my Brembos, then get the new wheels and nuts on for a nice fresh look and feel.

Race header has arrived with engine mount inserts, I'm still waiting for the Injen CAI though.... Will update soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back