• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JamesT's JDM DC2 Integ... EP3 here omgz.

For sure, we can top and tail while our cars have all their windows put through in the car park

Mate this is a great help! I'm going to Japan in March and want to see Spoon and Mugen. Also the Honda Museum.
I have got the address for Spoon but cant find Mugen! Is there any useful websites too?

Mugen is on my map. Easiest way to get about if you have a rental car and Japanese satnav is just by using the phone number of the place you want to go. Enter the phone number on the satnav and it will take you there!

I can get Mugens address and number for you if needed.

Dont forget Akihabara, one of my favorite places in the world as I'm a bit of a retro gaming geek

Of course. Akihabara is on my map as Sega :) it's a cool place, can't wait to get back and buy me some electricals :)

Sooooo jealous of you going over there mate, that's the only other place in the world I really want to go.

Been a busy b*stard today sorting stuff out on the Teg, as its had a few problems.

Squeak in dash.

..Has been f*cking annoying me for ages, over every little bump, or if I brake, or accelerate, "eek". It was coming from the dashboard..........somewhere.

So took what I could out..

IMG_1102.jpg

Banging about, found a loose bolt which was supposed to fasten 2 bits of metal together, and they were rubbing on each other. Tightened that, sorted. Loads of work just to tighten a bolt; but no more "eek".

Slow Electric Windows

My windows have been a total joke this winter. I know you don't really open your windows in winter, but still. They would go down real slow, I'm talking a good 5-7 seconds to go fully down. When coming back up, they would almost get stuck half way, the motors were really struggling. So I took both door cards off, greased up all the runners and cleaned up the felt which is in contact with the windows at the top. Sorted, much much faster now.

Left Wing Mirror Clicking

My left mirror wouldn't angle downwards, kept clicking. Obviously one of the poppers had come out - god knows how. Ripped the mirror off, and after greasing the nipples (ooh err) and a lot of swearing, managed to get the mirror back on and clipped onto all nipples, without cracking the mirror (that bad luck would be all I need right now!). Another one ticked off the list.

ABS Light On

My ABS light has been on for the past month but I haven't bothered to do anything about it. The brakes still worked, but ABS didn't obviously. On DC2's, there's a diagnostic plug by the ECU, in the passenger footwell. You need to get a paperclip and short the 2 wires, as shown here;

connector1.jpg
connector2.jpg

When that's done, turn the ignition on, and the ABS will flash at you a certain amount of times to determine the code.

I had 2 errors;

#16 - Rear Right - Wheel Sensor (electrical noise/intermittent interruption).
#81 - Central Processing Unit (CPU)

The #81 code worried me a bit as the replacement part is £900 from Honda. However there are 2nd hand ones floating about.
The #16 code was easy enough to sort, took the wheel off, took the ABS cover off and took the sensor out; it was really dirty. Cleaned it up and popped it back in; wheel back on etc. Then cleared the ABS fault codes by shorting those 2 pins again, and doing some presses on the brake pedal.

Took it for a drive, loving my erratic rev needle on the limiter;

[video=youtube;5PwsWRwmG00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PwsWRwmG00[/video]

^ Engine looks cold, but it's a Spoon thermostat keeping it cool. Maybe too cool. (Oil was hot). May change it for an OEM, as an OEM replacement is only about £25 new.

No ABS light - good. Came home and did the diagnostic again, no errors showing, might take 20 miles or so for it to "discover" there is a fault still, so my fingers are crossed. However the ABS works fine now, which is an improvement.

Buzzing Noise Under Car

At around 2000rpm, I have the worst metallic buzzing sound coming from under the car. Like the EP3s with their driveshaft heatshields, but 10x louder. Got under the car and had a butchers/bang around and it seems to be coming from the exhaust manifold/decat area. Took the heatshields off the exhaust manifold, but the noise is still happening. So it can only be the donut gasket where the Exhaust manifold > Decat. Ordered another gasket as it was only £5, will hope that fixes that god aweful noise when it arrives & is fitted.

Chilling with a beer now, hopefully an update one day will be more parts getting fitted rather than stuff just being fixed..... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back