• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JamesT's Premier EP3...

Not doing the whole RBC route again. Not sure I'm even going to change the exhaust to be honest. Might just get it mapped with the Injen on.

Sure it would. Price tag is sick though. Looking at like 2 grand.

I'm not looking to do that on this Civic :)

Keep me updated with what you think of the Spoon FD :)

cool cool..ye will do..i have loads of stuff to fit on the car..stoptech BBK, buddyclub N+'s, lsd, final drive, clutch, flywheel and a little more stuff

have a knee situation at the moment so it might be a while till i can drive...will let you know

Not sure I'm even going to change the exhaust to be honest

Getting a 2nd hand Supersprint Silenced B pipe tomorrow.

This car is destined to not have any JDM parts on it at all :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was intending to, but then the tarp indoors reminded me that her friend is getting married tomorrow and I'm due to attend. The comment "well I'd much rather meet James, Sunny, and the guys at Eurospec. Do I have to?" went down like a lead ballon lined with an even heavier natural element. :lol: So sadly, I won't be attending. :(

But once my exhaust gets here (still waiting, more agro) I'll give you and James a text so you can come and hear it being mapped. :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well picked up my Supersprint Silenced B pipe today, great condition and great price.

Went down to Eurospec for a bit of a social one, to meet up with TypeRiter, get the B pipe fitted, and get a dyno run.

Here's the amazing list of performance parts fitted;

1. Injen CAI
2. Supersprint B pipe

:lol:

Most standard EP3's get around 185bhp on Eurospecs dyno. Was pretty damn pleased with my result;

20110723_195923.jpg

I knew this EP3 felt fast for some reason. Seems like I have a strong engine, which is nice to know!

The sound of a Silenced B pipe with standard backbox is almost stock to be honest, just the way I wanted it. Maybe the tiniest bit deeper.

Here's a pic of it really dirty, in Fleet services on the way home;

20110723_183436.jpg

Good to catch up yesterday. Shame we couldn't sort out those Nando's chicken wings... After all the hype and everything :?

Strong performance - very strong. FFS clean it though. :cobwebs:

Don't suppose you have that video/can host and post that video of mine backing up to go on the rollers man??? Thanks :)

So yours ran 20bhp more than TypeRiters on the same dyno, day, conditions, dyno man wearing the same underpants etc.

Yes, in a nutshell... Is it 20bhp down... No I wouldn't say so; mine ran 200bhp on OEM intake, and exhaust less than 1000 miles ago.IMO - transmission losses; the height of the car is not allowing for efficient transfer of the power to the rollers, for an accurate reading - the graphs suggest this also - the engines performing, it's just not putting it down. The car struggled to get up the ramp - and was literally idling for 30-mins - backing up and down on to planks to get it up resulted in generating a lot of heat causing heatsoak central. My bay was roasting at the time. The fact that the car sees very little use is a possible factor also. Who knows - it's no slower than it was at supposedly 200bhp; and it now has aftermarket items fitted.

Back