• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jdm 96" Dc2

Hi everyone, I'll just quickly introduce myself on here as I'm new, I'm Josh, 22 and from a small town called Bridgnorth in Shropshire. Before I bought the teg I used to own this...

u8e3udyt.jpg

As fun as it was to drive I got fed up of the reliability and wasting money on it, so got rid and the end of last year i bought myself a jdm Dc2

adehesag.jpg

u7ymyvy4.jpg

Spec when first bought was

Mugen twin loop
Decat
Hks mani
Tegiwa racing logic coilovers
Spoon ecu
Password jdm (I think) 3 point strut brace
Mugen carbon fibre air box
Tegiwa hoses
98" replica wheels
98" front brake conversion
6k hid's (may be a 98" conversion but not 100%)
Apparently made 212bhp at Newbury college dyno

A few weeks later I bought this to swap for the mugen twin loop as the twin loop was a bit quiet for my liking

a6udabum.jpg

And yeah I know it looks weird lol, but anyway a couple of pics of it fitted

e5e2u6y5.jpg

e4ypuryj.jpg

Shortly afterwards I raised the car roughly 20mm as the exhaust caught on nearly everything...

Then afterwards I bought some new wheel nuts

a4amujup.jpg

Then these

e2ebymys.jpg

Then afterwards got them geometrically set up at a-line in Dudley

Then took some bits of for a respray

dynu3u4a.jpg

yqa9enyd.jpg

esaby6ug.jpg

3 weeks later I got the parts back with a new lick of paint...... only to be in completely the wrong colour lol

e6y8u4yb.jpg

upyzasen.jpg

6atehe8e.jpg

So they went back to be redone and still waiting on them now, whilst I've been waiting I've done a bit more shopping round

Federal rs-r's
ageje2yp.jpg

And all this..
uvape8yn.jpg

And also gave the car a valet as the weathers brightened up, and this is near enough how the car sits now

e3aga8ez.jpg

a8yterap.jpg

y9uza5ym.jpg

adu5ene8.jpg

anymu8y5.jpg

As above I'm still waiting on a couple of parts from the spray shop so should look more complete soon, also have a couple more bits coming soon but will update as the parts land instead ;)

Hope you guys enjoy following the thread

Cheers :)

Edit: apologies for the crap pics, they're just pics I've uploaded off my phone as I rarely get access to a pc

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey bud, nice DC2, I'll have to keep an eye out for you when I'm visiting the folks, they live down by the river in Bridgnorth, so if you see a Blue DC5 around that way, give us a wave ;)

Cheers for the comments guys :)

NYA would yours be "i think" the Blue pearl Dc5 I see round Bridgnorth occasionally?

Certainly would mate. My folks live there but I live in Devon. I visit every so often, but not as much as they'd like me too :lol:

[video=youtube;30YW3wgRvyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30YW3wgRvyI[/video]

lol..

And NYA just had a look at your progress thread and yeah I think I've seen it round town once or twice, lovely looking dc5 mate, I'll give it a wave if I see it around again :)

lol..

And NYA just had a look at your progress thread and yeah I think I've seen it round town once or twice, lovely looking dc5 mate, I'll give it a wave if I see it around again :)

Cheers bud, he's definitely getting to where I want it. Keep us updated on this thread man ;)

Cheers mate, that's the power the old owner claimed it made, it was done at Newbury college so don't have a printout and not sure how accurate they're rollers are tbh, I was going to take it for another dyno run but toying with the idea of ditching the spoon ecu and buying a k100/k-pro, or even a standard ecu and chipping that with chrome, hondata etc if you can, depending on how close the spoon map is to my setup, and if I can even afford it lol

And as I'm here I might as well post this up, came in the post yesterday :)

uza8anyr.jpg

nyrataga.jpg

8y3ehaby.jpg

Buy of an update since I last updated this, finally got the parts back I sent in for a respray (now actually in the right colour lol), they don't match 100% but as I didn't give the garage the car to colour match I can't complain too much

Also fitted the new exhaust last weekend, in my opinion it sounds much better than the old one, makes more of a deep burble rather than a loud rasp the old one made.....how it sits on the car now

3eze3ehe.jpg

Been doing a bit more shopping too

y2y5emy4.jpg

Adjustable decat, decat I have fitted now is resonated and muffles the sound up

rega2uty.jpg

There should also be a set of ngk iridium plugs in there but they haven't turned up yet

A few more pics of the car now the splitter & spoiler are back on, yeah I know it needs a wash but should get round to that Sunday :)

egy5ama5.jpg

hy4ubuqe.jpg

avumupuz.jpg

y8edugu4.jpg

ybebyrap.jpg

equguryr.jpg

2u8ara6e.jpg

ugura4ab.jpg

zygurage.jpg

:)

Lovely teg mate good power, my old one made 210 bhp with tegiwa manifold, decat and hks super draga at tdi north

Cheers guys :)

Wayne I'm loving your dc2 too mate, really wish I had the patience & skill to do some bits you've done to yours etc wire tucking

And TrickyTeg cheers mate, I don't have any proof or printout of the power, just going by what the old owner has told me but it doesn't seem too far out

I was going to take it for a dyno run myself, but just thought I have an old dastek unichip lying about and a dastek tuner 15 miles away, so that's gave me a few thoughts for ideas

Have a play with a standard dc5 lol and I'm sure you will know if it's around that power by the surprise on the dc5 owners face lol

Funnily enough that's what I did the other night lol (on private land of course ;) ) and yeah I was pulling away from it, not loads but enough to keep him quiet afterwards lol, and also was able to handle corners at a much quicker speed too

Back