• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JDM Diff

Had a look on here and I cant find what im looking for. I know it has the info on the CTR site but im banned at work :(

Anyway my mate saw on ebay what we think to be a JDM diff for $425 from spartak motors or something like that. It had 3 letters in front of the jdm so not sure its the correct one for a start?

I see from reading that the quaiffe is only 1 way but doesnt need servicing and the rest like spoon etc are 1.5 way (I will have some of that one day for road use only but fcuk it) but require servicing.

So what about the jdm.........this doesnt need servicing I think but how good is it and is it a worthwhile mod or are you as well going quaiffe?

You probably found a OBX LSD which is not the same as the JDM.
It's a copy of the Quaife so it's most likely going to be better than the JDM one though.
Remember you need to pay shipping cost and VAT as well, but it's still going to be a really good price.

^^ Thats the one mate,

So what does he do then go the full hog and get the quaiffe? I take it its 1 way like the quaiffe and wont need serviced?

Well if he can afford the quaife that's the safest bet.
The OBX seems to be a really good and cheap alternative though and yes it wont need any service.

Cheers mate, he has decided to go for the quaiffe.

I read on the honda-tech forum of someones gearbox/transmission being screwed as the obx didnt have grooves or something on both sides so it went in no problem but coming out was giving major problems.

OBX then wouldnt replace the parts due to their faulty product warranty rubbish where they denied it was the obx diffs fault :roll:

Most problems on the OBX diff seems to be pretty old and related to the B-series though.
All the K-series users I read about has been very happy with their OBX diff.
I believe they even provide a lifetime warranty now.

^^ Well I did read that somepeople using them were very happy with them. They guy off ebay wasnt offering a lifetime warranty tho.= and thats what put him off - so quaiffe it is then!

Cheers for the info :D

Back