• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jdm ep3 not starting.

Hi all, well just imported a ep3 from jap this week. All was ok for the first day or 2 then the car fails to start.
When turning the key all lights come on the dash, but nothing. Tested starter and that’s all good. Car will start if bumped started so that illuminates the alarm. Any ideas?
Many thanks!!!

Battery would be my first port of call. Might just be the colder mornings that's killed it.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Have you checked the wiring from the starter as well? I would say the problem lies around there if you've got lights but it's not turning over.

Ok, just put a different starter on and nothing, wires all ok.... I’m thinking now maybe a earth? Anyone have a diagram of the earth in system?

You need to start checking volt drops on live and earths between starter and battery. Also check power feed to starter motor solenoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump starting doesn't eliminate the alarm.

CAT 1 systems have two immobilisation points, normally fuel pump and starter motor so your alarm may not be powering the starter. You can hear the fuel pump priming, and it's obviously getting fuel to bump start.

I'd be looking at the alarm system, especially if it's been fitted on import. Plus, Honda wiring is great, until it's been messed with!

Please don't take offence...

My mate called me once with same issue with his day old DC5. He didn't know you have to depress the clutch...

I personally would be looking at the immobiliser? They can play silly buggers with a car when it gets a bit cold.
Also battery in the key is worth changing.

Back