• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JDM full carpet - Easy fit?

Centre console bit (handbrake etc) has to come out yes, both front seats (just 4 bolts each). The seat belt holders behind the seats had to come out, and that took a while as I put both back on the wrong way round so had kinks :mad:

Picture001-1.jpg

The dash around the bottom has 2 bolts holding it at the back which you can see, and 2 bolts behind the ashtray, which I didn't know about.

Picture004-2.jpg

Nice one Nick, something I'm looking to do at some point! So, how does the centre come out?

Have been thinking about this as i have JDM mats in my boot to put in but still have black carpet!

Have been thinking about this as i have JDM mats in my boot to put in but still have black carpet!

Had the same in my Milano mate & tbh it all looked nice.
The colour contrast was throughout the car so I liked it :cool:

sweet cheers, hopefully get to clean the thing this weekend and put them in. Should look good with the red & black leather i have

Im thinking of doing the opposite to all you.

I want rid of my ripspeed red carpet and want some nice black carpet with black door cards and black Bride's.

I want rid of my ripspeed red carpet and want some nice black carpet with black door cards and black Bride's.
Very nice mate, would go with a NHB car

Nice one Nick, something I'm looking to do at some point! So, how does the centre come out?

2 bolts at the front, 1 either side. You will see them from the footwell. 2 bolts at the back, either side of the cup holder. 2 bolts under the rubber mat inside the centre cubby hole, which is under the sliding door with the serial number placard on, and finally, 2 bolts behind the ashtray, which are visible only when the ashtray is removed (easy job, push down metal slider and pull)

Well if I do get a red carpet, you can have first dibs on my standard one then?! :p

Drunken ebaying FTW! I now have a JDM red carpet winging it's way to me from Japan. Now getting some serious buyer's guilt... :oops:

7bf8_1.jpg

I hope it's worth it! I think I might bottle it when it arrives :rolleyes:

Its an easy job, I did mine in about an hour IIRC. Well worth it IMO, brightens up the interior no end.

Just had a thought, would you imagine that fitting this is worth notifying the insurance? It is a non-standard modification! :confused:

Just had a thought, would you imagine that fitting this is worth notifying the insurance? It is a non-standard modification! :confused:

No.

If you're really paranoid then yes, but you might as well tell them about your magic tree air freshener too.

Elephant once told me that I was unable to put mudflaps on my Saxo and it would invalidate my insurance.

I told them to Fcuk off.

Elephant once told me that I was unable to put mudflaps on my Saxo and it would invalidate my insurance.

I told them to Fcuk off.
:lol::lol::lol:

Fair enough, I suppose it is like for like, just a different colour.

It will of course make the car go much, much faster!! :smt119 lol

Back