• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 JDM Type R

Two words for you. Litchfield Imports. They are bringing this one to the UK at a price of 22 grand and an 8 week lead time. If like me you think the current FN2 falls a tad short of Type R ethos, then I suggest you give em a shout and bag yourself a proper one for less wonga than a reasonably spec'd FN2. Bet there's a few wishing they'd waited a bit now!

As much as I do like the FN2, and I really do like it. I have to admit I would rather have the JDM car...and that is even before driving it :D Mind you 22k is a lot of cash when you can pick one up in Japan for around 14k. Also 22k over here gives you quite a choice, though perhaps you would not end up with something so exclusive :D

As much as I do like the FN2, and I really do like it. I have to admit I would rather have the JDM car...and that is even before driving it :D Mind you 22k is a lot of cash when you can pick one up in Japan for around 14k. Also 22k over here gives you quite a choice, though perhaps you would not end up with something so exclusive :D

Like I said in the other post they will be expensive to start off with as were DC5's, they will have to fork out for a model report which iirc is over 3k.

But once youve got one and the demand is there prices should begin to fall. Especially if Modelreports.com get one, iirc they will do one for free on your car if they havent got one already, so if your quick someone will get a cheap car!

Two words for you. Litchfield Imports. They are bringing this one to the UK at a price of 22 grand and an 8 week lead time. If like me you think the current FN2 falls a tad short of Type R ethos, then I suggest you give em a shout and bag yourself a proper one for less wonga than a reasonably spec'd FN2. Bet there's a few wishing they'd waited a bit now!

9 Grand just for them to import the car seems a bit steap. It looks a nice car but not 22k nice IMO.

True, but when you consider that an FN2 GT with the additional Type R badges and spoilers, 19", stereo upgrade, sat nat and a few other bits comes to more than that, it looks a lot better value. And anyway if it was onsale here via Honda you can bet it would cost considerably more. The downside of living here in the UK is that we pay more for everything than the Japs or Yanks. :(

But the basic JDM Civic is £13K in Japan before you start adding the nice extra's like larger wheels, Brembo's, improved ICE, etc.

The basic FN2 GT is £18,600.

I prefer the JDM Type R and would buy one, but you are talking £3K difference. Its worth the extra money, but it doesn't make the FN2 any worse value for money IMO.

Thats before you starting look at the differences between UK sourced cars and imports.

The Japan CTR comes with 18" alloys and Brembo's as standard. The other stuff are frilly bits like mats, stickers, ICE (that won't work too well in the UK at all), electric folding wing mirrors, aircond, etc.

That's not bad value imho. I bought my DC5 new from Litchfield in 2004 and it cost me about £22k. Yes it cost £14k in Japan but then you've got to ship it, pay all the tax & duty etc and get it on the road. And yes, I could have had a new UKDM EP3 for £4k less or whatever but then you see them everywhere and they don't have LSD, Brembos, Recaros etc etc.

Is £23k too much for one of those? Was £22k for a new DC5 too much in '04? Was £21k too much to pay for a new DC2 back in '99? I can't answer the first question, but I haven't regretted the other two, so I'd probably have a punt on one if I were in the market atm.

Plus ca change, and all that... :smt102

Last edited by a moderator:
The last model the EP3, that had the same body but just minor differences between the Jap and the UK version.

Why is the UK and Jap version of the new CTR totally different and why couldn't we get the good one like they did ?

What would you get in the way of warranty buying one of these?

I don't think i could buy a new car, espically for £22k without a 3 year warranty.

What would you get in the way of warranty buying one of these?

I don't think i could buy a new car, espically for £22k without a 3 year warranty.
Nothing. You can buy one from Honda if you like though.

I don't really see the problem - I did exactly that with my DC5 and had no problem with it :cool:

Back