• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

The new AMG Sport+ has the better Alcantra seats and interior, red seat belts and stitching etc.
But I prefer the alloys on my older Sport
P1000868-2.jpg

Don't dismiss buying new with Mercedes depending what offers they have.
Mine worked out cheaper to buy new than 12 months old. For example MB UK offered a £5k discount for taking out finance. I only took £3k on finance and paid it off 6 months later.

Yeah the Benz salesman was telling me about the deals they currently have on. I've taken some brooches and examples of finance offers away to weigh up.

I'm not sure if I can justify the extra for the sport plus, given that its mostly just aesthetics. That being said, the headlights are far better, so perhaps that's justification enough. Although you can have them as an option on the normal sport.

Do you have the standard stereo fitted or the Harman Kardon? If so, what is it like?

Last edited by a moderator:
You dealing with Robinsons?

I bought mine from Jonny, and he was superb.

Not sure yet. I went to look at the C Class at Robinsons, but I haven't come to a conclusion of whether to go with them or not. I weighing up some leasing options too as they seem pretty good value for money.

Paul, check my pervious edit, re stereo.

Yeah the Benz salesman was telling me about the deals they currently have on. I've taken some brooches and examples of finance offers away to weigh up.

I'm not sure if I can justify the extra for the sport plus, given that its mostly just aesthetics. That being said, the headlights are far better, so perhaps that's justification enough. Although you can have them as an option on the normal sport.

Do you have the standard stereo fitted or the Harman Kardon? If so, what is it like?

Mine has the standard stereo and I'm quite impressed with the sound.
Also has a good USB storage facility and bluetooth audio.
Although no iphone dock, which is an expensive option.

I also bought the Becker SatNav from ebay for £250 which was quite a saving. This gives you a full integrated sat nav system that can be removed and sold on later.

Regarding the lights, I can not describe how good they are. Mine came as standard, but now I have them I would pay the extra to have the fitted as an option.

Very nice indeed. Mercedes have definitely come through their dark patch and started inspiring confidence in their build and service quality again. Plus, out of the "big 3" they definitely have the better looking front ends. The Audi just looks like a gaping maw, and the BMWs just look daft.

Very nice indeed. Mercedes have definitely come through their dark patch and started inspiring confidence in their build and service quality again. Plus, out of the "big 3" they definitely have the better looking front ends. The Audi just looks like a gaping maw, and the BMWs just look daft.

I would agree, I don't get the Audi Styling and find the BMW range rather dull.
However BMW have fantastic engines
Audi have great DSG Auto's available (although the new BMW 8speed Auto boxes are getting very good reviews)

But I really enjoy the drive and feel of the Merc.

The 8 speed auto is the same in the Audi as the BMW, both ZF Sourced and fantastic bits of kit.

I know I work for them, but Audi are pwning the others in the big 3 for realiability atm.

You're gonna carry your turds in a sub 1k car?

Never updated this. I'm currently knocking about in a Mazda 6 which has done over 100k. Had it since I sold the Focus at the start of the year. In the end we went for something just north of 1k at £1250.

It's nothing special but it does the job. Aircon doesn't work, handbrake tends to be a little too effective if left on :lol: and the drivers electric window can be a bit quirky from time to time. That being said, it got me to Le Mans and back with 4 up and a boot full of camping gear, and it's done it fair share of travelling around this country.

the plan is to still get a C class, but the new saloon version is arguably a vast improvement over its predecessor. Probably looking at two years from now if I'm realistic, so as long as my jap shed holds out I'm laughing.

It's a fantastic looking bit of kit. My only gripe is that the doors are ridiculously small and the pillars fairly intrusive for a car that's the same size as a W210 E-class. Makes access a bit of a pig and feels just slightly claustrophobic.

Personally I think the estate actually looks better than the saloon. Heard an AMG one plant it going under Hangar Lane (big tunnel) the other day, mi daiz.

Personally I think the estate actually looks better than the saloon. Heard an AMG one plant it going under Hangar Lane (big tunnel) the other day, mi daiz.

Yeah the AMG's are amazing. Not currently available in the new guise though.

Look at this interior. Amazing

2015-mercedes-benz-c-class-interior-photo-547436-s-1280x782.jpg

I have the added benefit of Mrs.Stoo working for MB now too so I get cars at cost and free service.

Back