• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Thanks for the clarification stoo.

My rex build thread is about 100 pages now. can't be arsed to copy pasta!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on fduk mate which is a members only forum (proper clique!). Maybe I'll stick one up here when I'm bored at work one day.

Cool, let me know. Going to try and make as many meets and shows as possible this year including jae as I haven't been for a few years.

Just catching up on the site, sad to see you're still parting with the DC5 which must be a difficult decision and taking all the parts off you've spent ages putting on.

Just catching up on the site, sad to see you're still parting with the DC5 which must be a difficult decision and taking all the parts off you've spent ages putting on.

I've lost enthusiasm for the car and the general car scene over the past six months or so. This has crept up slowly on me I guess. A lot less spare time to put into the car, both detailing and driving how it should be driven. It's become a commuter vehicle on the whole now. Any car can fill that gap.

I would certainly say that Hatton not being about has had an effect too. He would always pop over when walking Harry and we'd have a quick chat. It always end up car related and I guess swapping automotive plans etc kept the fire stoked to a certain degree. The Norfolk meets wont be the same without him either. Ive gone from trying to organise a monthly meet to waiting for someone to sort something out and only attending if I don't have any other plans, rather than putting time aside specifically for meets.

My hearts not in it any more. Perhaps a change of car will rekindle my automotive passion. Perhaps I need a boring run around to realise how much I miss it. Who knows?

The people I've met and friends I've made on this forum are far more important than the cars. All of the regulars on here are a sound bunch of chaps. I'd rather leave the cars at home and go out for a knees up now.

The people I've met and friends I've made on this forum are far more important than the cars. All of the regulars on here are a sound bunch of chaps. I'd rather leave the cars at home and go out for a knees up now.

Trip to Buddies might be in order again!!!!

I've lost enthusiasm for the car and the general car scene over the past six months or so. This has crept up slowly on me I guess. A lot less spare time to put into the car, both detailing and driving how it should be driven. It's become a commuter vehicle on the whole now. Any car can fill that gap.

I would certainly say that Hatton not being about has had an effect too. He would always pop over when walking Harry and we'd have a quick chat. It always end up car related and I guess swapping automotive plans etc kept the fire stoked to a certain degree. The Norfolk meets wont be the same without him either. Ive gone from trying to organise a monthly meet to waiting for someone to sort something out and only attending if I don't have any other plans, rather than putting time aside specifically for meets.

My hearts not in it any more. Perhaps a change of car will rekindle my automotive passion. Perhaps I need a boring run around to realise how much I miss it. Who knows?

Summed it up well, I know how you feel, the knock at the door and Ben running through his latest car venture while Harry tries to knock you over were legendary, each time I see a white DC5 or black Fiesta ST I just wish he were behind the wheel giving the usual flash and thumbs up :(

Hope you get something that re-motivates you as you have done so much on this site, Ben of course would be saying stay with a Honda!

Providing I can pull my finger out tomorrow, the car will be up for sale.

I'm fairly sure I've found a successor.

Looking forward to it actually.

Back