• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Lol no bud, I'm still in the Ness. I'm expecting to get my transfer notice sometime early next year, there has been all sorts of things preventing people from moving between out bases, the airline industry can be a royal PITA sometimes. To make things more interesting, my landlord has decided to sell my flat, and I have to give the keys back on the 31st December. Firstly, f**k you landlord, not cool. You couldn't wait another month? Secondly it means I'm having to move in with my buddy for an indefinite length of time, with most of my stuff in storage. Meh.

I've been looking at places on the west side of GlasVegas - Johnstone, Bridge of Weir, kilbarchan, that sort of area. It's bloody hard to find a place with a garage or shed within my budget.

Really looking forward to getting down there and having a few more Honda guys around!

Finding a place with a garage or allocated parking ain't easy in Glasgow... Best of luck with that. Agreed, living situation is far from optimal. Landlord needs acquainted with The People's Elbow.

I've never met the landlord, everything is done through an estate agent, so I can't comment on his/her situation and level of tadgerness. But still, it's harsh to evict someone at this time of year!

At least I will be able to save some money for the next few months, the rent around Inverness is criminal. I'm paying £440 pcm for a rubbish 1 bed flat on the outskirts of town. With the savings in rent, tax, electricity and interweb I should have an extra £450 per month in my pocket!

I'm not spending it on the car.
I'm not spending it on the car.
I'm not spending it on the car....

Well, you need motivation and goals to stop smoking, a pile of shiney green bits will certainly provide that.

I must be strong, many many loans to pay off first! All my training came to a shade over 100k, all of it secured on my parent's house. Got to make a dent in it whenever I get a chance, or I'll still be paying it off when I'm 40!

Having said that.... A few shiney blue bits may appear....

... many many loans to pay off first! All my training came to a shade over 100k, all of it secured on my parent's house. Got to make a dent in it whenever I get a chance, or I'll still be paying it off when I'm 40!

100k ??? :eek:
What are you training for jimbo?

BTW, just read right thro your thread - the vids are great :D
Nice personal touches on the mods too - great work

Thanks bud, I'm modifying and restoring on a budget!

I work as a airline pilot, it took six years and 100k+ because I trained just as everything went to hell. I had to train as an instructor to keep me flying while waiting for the airlines to start recruiting again. Also, you have to add two years of no income to fully appreciate the full cost of training. Soon as I have some disposable income the car will get the attention it deserves.

Most irritating problem EVER. A tiny piece of metal had broken off where the dipped beam bulb retaining wire is mounted. Literally a 2x2mm piece of metal, in the most inaccessible place you could imagine.

So to fix it and fit a new bulb, this had to happen:

I'm getting a few other jobs done while the bumper is off. Grill is going nighthawk black, new H badge to be fitted, carbon scoops replacing fog lights with a feed to the ITG airbox. If I can find some decent mesh then I'll fill in the vent on the splitter, the ac condenser has taken a beating from stones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers bud! I'm doing all the cheap things at the moment, refurbishing and repairing mostly, just starting some engine bay colour coding now.

I've got a piggy bank that is slowly getting heavier, filling up with loose change and any profit from painting bits for people. Hopefully it will supply enough pound coins for wheels and a remap over the next year. Got a couple other top secret projects in the works too!

I've been struggling finding the perfect exhaust too, I'll maybe get a custom build when I move down to Glasgow. The police here haven't bothered me yet, though I think it will be another matter down south.

Nice car dude and some lovely photos. Nice spot you live in. Must be very rewarding to blast around there in the Honda! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Lewis. Yeah, it's a playground around here! The lack of traffic means the roads are really smooth, and entirely empty on long summer mornings/nights. I've been looking at houses down in Glasgow, and I always forget how good the highland roads are until I get down south (yes, Glasgow IS down south).

I LOVE what you've been doing to your car, it's great to see a car being cared for with such attention to detail. How are you finding the AD08s? I'm tempted with a set.

Not like down here then where the surfaces are ***** and the roads are full of traffic/assholes! Ahhhh I would move to Scotland tomorrow, but sadly,the Mrs won't! :D

Thanks dude. The Yokohama's are very good I must say. While they don't offer razor sharp turn in like cut slicks, they grip on long corners/roundabouts, even when hammering it and do not break away like other tyres. When they do start to go you feel it easily and they are super progressive. Not cheap but they are good, especially on a dry road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I was down in Englandshire last summer, I swear I was the slowest car on the road. There are some crazy roads and drivers down there! It's definitely worth a trip up here, the roads around the Cairngorms and west coast are fantastic, just avoid in tourist season though. The road through Glencoe and around Loch Leven will blow your mind.

Thanks for that, I'll see if my budget will stretch to AD08s. I've been looking at Bridgestone RE002s as well, they look pretty good for the money. Unfortunately February is tax and MOT month, so I'll have to endure my old winter tyres a bit longer.

Back