• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Cheers Rory.J! I've been enjoying the 'standard until you look closer' look, though that may be about to change. Watch this space for colour changes....

A few small parcels have arrived; I've got little happening work-wise this week, so one step closer to racecar (b*stard Glasgow weather permitting) by the end of the week.

I was trawling through the forums looking for Glasgow mechanic recommendations and came across your thread. Just spent the majority of my morning reading through it in between pretending to work. What a car, love the mods.

I don't suppose you have found any good places to take the car yet? Engine light/Cam woes have fallen upon me!

Lol, thanks bud. Sorry to hear about your woes, I've not had much time to snoop around for garages yet, though I've been advised by Revmonkey to use Automek in East Kilbride.

Any idea what has gone wrong? I've never heard of cam problems on a K20. Timing problem perhaps?

I put some Tegiwa solid shifter bushes in today, they didn't make as much difference as I was expecting. The linkage is more accurate now though.

I was trawling through the forums looking for Glasgow mechanic recommendations and came across your thread. Just spent the majority of my morning reading through it in between pretending to work. What a car, love the mods.

I don't suppose you have found any good places to take the car yet? Engine light/Cam woes have fallen upon me!

Automek in East Kilbride are superb, Andrew Baird is best mechanic I've ever dealt with.

Sent from the necronomiPhon

Yeah guys, this was just a wee jaunt. I'm sure there will be a few proper meets organised on here over the summer. We had one up to Skye last year, though a lot of people bailed at the last minute. It's about time we got a thread up for a Scottish meet actually.

Proby, I'd bet that there's HEAPS of things going on around there, have a look in the future meets section.

Here's a wee something I came up with; a proper CAF that will work with any intake (except Gruppe/Tegiwa M) that's easy to remove and doesn't require any cutting of wheel arches. You will need to remove the bumper, I also recommend removing the headlight, it's a tight space to work in otherwise.

I call this the CAFCAF: Cunning As Funk Cold Air Feed.

Get two lengths of pipe, I used 2x100cm. Loop a ziptie around the end of one pipe, then feed four zipties through the loop.

Adjust the ties, you need the locking end to be around two inches from the looped tie, tape the ties so both ends point down the direction of the tube.

Feed the pipe from your intake to the hole behind the headlight.

Feed the ties through the hole.

Loop another tie around the second pipe, just like the first. Link the two pipes together with the ties.

Tighten the ties to pull the pipes together.

Secure the pipe where you want it, I'm using the fog light hole (because my fogs were fubar and needed to FOAD).

Replace bumper and enjoy hero status. Yes yes, then go clean the car because it's NHB and it's been 30 mins already. F**king NHB.

Cars looking good mate, the pictures are awesome.

feel your pain mate, there's nothing like a clean NHB civic, shame it only stays clean for 20 minutes

the black grille looks good aswell mate

Thanks buddy! Yeah, I cleaned the car right after fitting the cafcaf (then quickly took photos of it for the previous pics), by the time I went to work the next day there was a noticeable patina of dust/pollen on it.

Hopefully my car will oneday up-close look like it does in the photos, and go like yours!

Back