• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

1 bride is better than none at all..

I may have to change the name of the thread to Jimbothemagnificent's monogamous EP3...

I'm trying to get out of the habit of thinking 'yeah, I can afford that if I don't spend any more this month'. Piggybanks FTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monogamous ep3! Lol! Yep that's the way I've been thinking too! Spend spend spend,beans on toast for the next 30 days lol

Entertaining read mate its good to see some creativity and not just following the norm. I paticularly like the samurai handles and those seats look awesome..ill keep an eye on this thread for future amusement, some of the things you come out with make me laugh bud

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent way too much time in the car over the weekend, my ears are not happy. Not ****ing happy at all.

Went to a meet in Edinburgh with the boys, listened to B16s being tortured by neds until we lost all faith in humanity, then went and had our own (extremely civilised) mini-meet. Had a wee shot of RevMonkey's car and loved it, really wonderful machine. Finally got the dumb custom centre caps on the wheels, really enjoying them too.

Those poor poor b series , was enough to really upset my happiness, wanted to confiscate them and take them away from their abusers for rehomjng in my capacious yard :/ for a life of clean oil, much care and occasionally ragging on the back roads!

There were many flavours of ball scratchers at that dreadful meet, having seen some of the photos taken after we left it seemed that "massive cloud of smoke that covered the car park meant a successful meet"

It's clowns like that give the rest of us car enthusiasts a very bad name :(

Love the new centre caps they look very good indeed in the metal , bbomb being my geeky favourite!

(Ps thanks for the compliment, it makes all the time and money worthwhile when someone else with car pedigree appreciates your creation) :D

sent from the boss droid

I know mate, if I were rich I'd start my own organisation to rescue abused cars and find them a safe and loving home. With all the oil they can drink, a gymkhana to frolic in and Japanese girls to give them sponge baths.

They weren't car enthusiasts, they were vulgar peacocks with inferiority complexes.

Aye bud, I'm properly jealous of your car now. It's the polar opposite of my civic; civilised and well executed! I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket now. Two maybe.

that looks an amazing road!!! I might take a drive up there in a couple of weeks when I'm off work.Great photos aswell by the way:)

Honestly boys, if you haven't driven that road go and do it. Like, right now. It is something special.

TarmacNymph, quit whining, put on your man-trousers and move to Scotland.

The pics were on the A82. The B863 is the Kinlochleven loop.

The best route is starting at the south end of Loch Lomond and following the A82 all the way to Glencoe town, then a loop around the B863. From there the A82 past Fort William and Loch Ness is also excellent but tends to get busy during tourist season. It's also no great hardship to go back on the A82! I had to take the A85 and A84 back last night because the A82 closed for works at 10pm, just after I got through on the way north. That was fun too.

So, I'm just in the process of choosing harnesses. I'm not getting Takata because they're common as herpes around here. I've found two brands that I like, think I may get one of each, the seats will be different anyway.

The question is the colour; Both my seats will (eventually) be red, so do I go for matching red harnesses, black for a bit of contrast, or one of each for the hell of it?

Thoughts please.

I hadn't noticed that. F**k, now it's going to drive me nuts. Thanks for that. #-o

You could at least reply to my previous question as consolation.

Yeah, red harnesses against a red seat backdrop would be a no from me. If you're against Takata's, perhaps a nice black Scroth harness with a mild yellow detailing? I reckon that'd work really well.

Oh, and I'd love to live in Scotland. But my man-trousers were removed pre-comsumation on my wedding night and were never pulled back up. :lol:

Back