• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Garry bud, you wouldn't believe the difference it makes. I've had buckets before, but not like this. Having really good seats in this car is a revelation.

I think that full race buckets might be pretty harsh on the road when combined with your coilies, you're running pretty high spring rates if I remember correctly. I would definitely recommend something with some padding, or maybe get a bigger size seat and some extra cushions.

Garry bud, you wouldn't believe the difference it makes. I've had buckets before, but not like this. Having really good seats in this car is a revelation.

I think that full race buckets might be pretty harsh on the road when combined with your coilies, you're running pretty high spring rates if I remember correctly. I would definitely recommend something with some padding, or maybe get a bigger size seat and some extra cushions.

thanks for the advice, yes my car is very hard 10kg/mm front and 14kg/mm rear springs. I need some buckets at some point as my car tries to throw me out of mine!

as for comfort I'm not bothered at all, I only use the car on the odd weekend at most.

if it drives well then I'm happy:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking past through this thread. Looking mighty fine. I love what you did with the Sageo style cord around the harness bar... Reminds me of my Iaido days in my misspent youth. Re-wrapping the hilt of my Iaito. What did you use?

Why, thank you good Sir! Means a lot coming from somebody of your car pedigree!

For the wrapping I used shoe laces. Yep. It's heresy through and through, I even used double sided sticky tape and cardboard for the hishigami. :eek:

Do you know of any suppliers for that kind of thing? I'm always hunting for new ideas/more dumb stuff to do.

That is an excellent website, I can see myself spending quite a lot of time trawling through that. Cheers mate!

Now I'm already thinking about Kill Bill and the Crazy 88's with their swords mounted on their bikes.....

Haha. I quite like that whole vibe... Mixed in with a bit of Kanjo...

Had a wee holiday in the EP. A tour of the highlands and all the best roads including the A82, Kinlochleven loop, Cairngorm mountain, B790 by aviemore and a heap of cool roads around the west coast. All possible with the excuse of good scenery! Had a wee play with Matt185 and his awesome EP3 too.

Glencoe

Glencoe plus a Brazilian's reaction to the weather

A86 between Fort William and Kingussie

Playing with Matt185

Last edited by a moderator:
B790, old road from kingussie to aviemore takes you round by the kincraig camp site along the edge of the loch ?

sent from the boss droid

Yep, the you're thinking of the B9152 road. The B790 runs parallel to it and is even more AWESOME. The B9152 now has 50mph limit on the fun part past the loch :noseblow:

Winter thump required.

Good fun it was jumbo my friend, to the missus the holiday next year we will be taking a tent with is as I feel like a wee tour around Scotland, if you are keen? The photos were awesome! Couldn't gets as good ones as you had as beth didn't know how to take good ones with my phone :( but until next time I am down or you are up here!

Some new bits purchased today, including a silenced exhaust mid pipe, which I'm still not sure about.

I LOVE the noise this car makes unsilenced, the way it pops and burbles is fantastic and I will really miss it. But, it is ****ing loud. I've gone for a small silencer, hoping to just take the edge off the volume so I can go without the bung on long funtime drives. I really hope it will still sound mad. Just quieter.

Back